Sunday 14th August a Wee Run :-)

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

Weather for this Sunday seems ok but need to be back for 2pm, so thinking a wee jaunt over the Bridge :-) Not been over the Crow for a while, therefore that'll be my destination as usual :-)

9am Clubroom - GT road - Bridge (9.40am) - Hardgate - Stockiemuir - Kyber Pass - Mugdock - Strathblane - Blanefield - Dumgoyne - Killearn - Fintry - Up the Crow - Lennoxtown (Cafe) - Strathblane again - Milngavie - Hardgate - Bridge - Home

Not a long run but a few climbs, so I think 60 miles approx. clubroom to clubroom????

Anyway, would be good to have some company :-)  & let me know if you're coming please.

Cheers & see you

Chung

• Life Members

Chung,

New to Club and would be good to join you on this Run, travelling from Lochwinnoch so probably best to meet you at Club house.

Cheers

Charlie

That's great Charlie, I'll swing by the clubroom for 9am to meet you or anyone else for that matter & proceed our way to the Bridge to rendezvous with the rest then!

See youse all tomorrow, good bikes & all :-)

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Thank you all for another excellent outing.

With the favourable weather forecast today - 10 souls came out to play on a dry & no-wind kind of day, an almost forgotten experience considering the recent Sunday's :-/

Alan T, Charlie F, David C, Gerard, Iain Couttie, Iain Mctarvish, John, PaulL, Ryan & myself made up the bunch to tackle the route we had planned. Good work done by all with some fast down hill bits, it wasn't long before we hit the Crow.

Having not turned a pedal myself for a while & just binge eating for 3 weeks while on my holiday took its toll on me. I think I got a PW (personal worst) up the Crow as I cramped up half way over it.

Unlike me, Big David C got a PB up it with the help in no small part on his shiny (......well, lovely matt) new Canyon :-) gorgeous machine by the way!

Anyway, a cafe feast in Lennoxtown was enjoyed by all, the place was busy with cyclist as always, but this time we outnumbered "normal customers" :-)

A quick blast back to Hardgate through Strathblane & I left the party to plod home solo on the Northside. Hope everyone got home ok!

It was nice to meet Charlie, a new member & he did really well throughout despite his first outing with the Wheelers!

It's been a while since I've been out on a club run were a father & son was present - Charlie is Ryan's dad by the way :-)

Hope to see more of youse in the future!

Thanks to everyone as always for the wheels & company today, it was great fun!

135km for me when I got home totally knackered - it feels great to be back on the bike with some decent km again.

Cheers

Chung

Brill day out way the gang nice to meet charlie & brian (father & son ) and gerard or gerald gerry then ,good seein old faces that have came on from a couple of years ago,10 was the bunch and all worked well till the crow then every man for them selves , great decent into the campsies cafe and top service and food to see us home, must admit wee bit goosed will have to hydrate better and eat better as had more miles than first thought 87mls but dug deep for it and happy to get home withought the knock ! Top day and weather even kind to us 👌