Friday night fight club

• 2023 Subscriptions

First rule of fight club.... ;)

Anyone fancy doing some sprint drills early friday night? Open to ideas what this might involve - perhaps take it in turns to wind it up / lead out then have the last rider jump and launch their sprint. Regroup then someone elses turn. It wont be a long ride but a few hard efforts with some easy recovery inbetween over an 60 - 90 minutes from about 6 then home in time for the Euros starting.

Gleniffer Road going up the Braes is closed for resurfacing at the moment so that road would be ideal. Smooth tarmac and hopefully still closed with no traffic. Up and down the stretch in front of Peesweep - can have a flat sprint but also an uphill drag one too. If the road is open again then same idea but use the APR circuit.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jan

Good idea but can't make it however sprint training is simple with two key principles leg speed and force on pedals so if you want to accelerate more you work on both.

You could do small ring no gear change high cadence sprints for 50 m roll slow then full on recover for 2 minutes repeat 5/10 times

Then for force do 250 meter sprints one change big ring standing or seated same as above roll to start slowly full on change down once recover 4 minutes repeat 5/10 times

Ideally you don't want a lead out but would be good latter

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jan

It's sound thinking. Friday night not good for me simply because I'm totally knackered by a Friday.

However I would definetly be up for building this into weekend runs, a 20 min section of sprint intervals before coffee stop for example. Just need a bit of organisation, pre planning and discipline.

:)

• 2 weeks later...