NoPinz

George

• 2023 Subscriptions

So I'm going to splash out on a top end skinsuit as I rode a 50 in the club one last year & it felt like I had a cheese grater between my thighs.

Don't want to ruin it by using safety pins.

Has anyone used Nopinz stuff? I'm looking at the wee dot things but the site says they aren't suitable for anything other than paper numbers.

The speed pocket? Is that an iron on thing?

Anyone?

• Members

In the past, NoPinz sold a disposable, adhesive-backed pouch that you'd stick onto the back of your skinsuit. You'd use it once then throw it away. I think it was called a Speed Wallet. They never have them in stock any more, not for numbers worn on the lower back.

The Speed Pocket thing you're talking about is a permanent feature which NoPinz will add to your existing skinsuit. You post your skinsuit to them, they make the alterations, and return it to you. I believe there are two types of pocket available: one which takes the number from the outside of the suit (so you can ride to an event and fit your number without removing your skinsuit) and the other which is only accessible from the inside of the skinsuit.

I had some success with a body paint skin suit a couple of years ago. It cost way too much to perforate with rusty drawing pins so I took my cue from a historic JWCC skinsuit which had tabs of lycra on the tail for number application.

I sacrificed some old armwarmers and with a shaky hand I stitched some lycra tabs onto my eyewateringly expensive skinsuit. The tabs were outwith the standard number size to accommodate a stretch when in the tucked position. There's loads

of 'give' in lycra.

It worked rather well.

• Committee

Endura include a set of the plastic studs with their skin suits. I don't know if they are event clip. I did not have the nerve to fully click them in place because I was worried that they might core out a tiny circle in the Lycra. Obviously I should have tried them on an old jersey but I am too stupid to think of that. Suggest you hunt them down.