Track 2nd March

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Bit of a mixed night for me. Started off well, getting my first podium finish of the season- a third place in a 10 lap sprint, then a 5th place in the devil. Then disaster struck with my hamstring stiffening up in the 24 lap scratch about 8 laps from the end, so I pulled out at that point. Disappointing, but hey, a podium finish in a short race. :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another fun night in the B 12 lap scratch sat at the very back for 10 laps , but moved round to finish 15 /20 , devil next decided I was a sprinter and sat as the assassin lasted about 4 sprints then out.

The points race was great sat at the back until what I thought was two to go but it was three stay in front until turn 3 crossed the line 5 in final sprint to finish 10/15

Guess what last race 40 lap scratch sat at the back all race finished middle I think

• 2023 Subscriptions

Strange night for me went from feeling good to feeling poor then back to feeling good again. Was 3rd in the first scratch, eliminated about midway in the devil then points...total brain fade here at 28 i came to the front and pushed the pace then started sprinting for lap 26. The sprint of course was lap 24! Struggled a bit after that. Last was a 30 lap scratch, was in a 4 man break then it became 3 and we managed to get the lap with about 2 or 3 to go. Didnt play the cards very well in terms of the sprint because i was too focused on getting the lap and doing longer turns but despite that happy with how it turned out - tried for a lap so many times and it finally paid off!

ps. think you forgot to mention something about the points race Billy!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to see Alan and Iain hitting podium spots. I was going for the stealth route and I think I was 6th in the first 3 races , hard to tell with some close sprints. In 4th race of the DAy I gambled on the splinter group chasing Iain's lap taking group being brought back but gambled wrong. So ended up about 9/10.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes the points race

You know how it is you set your season goals, and then you set the shoot for the stars goal, the hazy dreaming vision like wining Liege Bastone Liege a stage in the TDF or if your a track racer beating the Johnstones very own King of track

Well I can now retire beating the King of the points race done

Did I get any points no but finished 5 in last sprint which on the only night Ian never won points on a sprint equates to me finishing as the highest 0 point person ,