Sunday Run 24th Jan - Climb the Crow ........

chung

• Life Members

Hello Folks,

I'm getting a wee tad fed up what with the recent Sunday weathers to be honest, so with the forecast of this Sunday being wet (partially)  but mild - I intend to go for a bike ride regardless, it would be great if I can get some company & wheels to follow :-)

Here is my planned route for Sunday:

Clubroom 9.30am - GT Road - Bridge - Dumbarton - Bonhill - Cycle route 7 - Croftamie - Killearn - Fintry - Crow Road - Lennoxtown (Cafe) - Strathblane - Milngarvie - Bridge - Home

Circa no more than 60 miles - but it should be fun & NOT wet all day :-) having not been out for a few weeks myself, you'll just have to be patience with me I'm afraid! :-)

I would appreciate anyone who plan on coming that you post up your intentions, otherwise if it's going to be a solo ride, then I'll just skip the clubroom & head straight to the bridge via Paisley, thanks! 

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Paul, I'll be at the club room tomorrow to meet Andrew, we can pick you up at the Bridge at 10am if you don't fancy the clubroom?

Either way, I'll see you tomorrow :-)

P.S Weather forecast seems to be a bit more favourable for tomorrow now :-)

Cheers

Chung

I just checked the mileage on mapmy ride.

Club to club is about 73 miles + Lochwinnoch and back is a total of 86 for me which is way beyond my limit at the moment so will have to bail out somewhere.

Probably just come straight back from Croftamie like I did with Allan M last year (March 29th). That was 65 miles LW to LW (and includes the queens view climb)

• Life Members

Paul, sorry for my very rough distance estimation, makes it sound less painful :-)

Guys, lets all just turn up to ride and then see how it all goes.

Meet either at 9.30am clubroom or bridge at 10am (-ish) get to Croftamie, then if you fancy a shorter route or want to miss out the Crow, then straight (instead of turning left for Killearn) on through Stockiemuir Road A809 (over Queens View) back towards Milngavie, then Hardgate & back over the bridge, that way you don't need to trace your route back. Much better doing a loop!

Don't worry, I'll be the slow one that needs to be waited on, so be patience with me :-)

Ritchie, You'll probably be better driving to the clubroom or better still to the Bridge & do the Crow road as well, quality miles :-) 10 weeks to go before De Vlaanderen, remember!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Despite my late posting & a few last minute call offs, we still managed a nice bunch of 5 today :-)

Called into the clubroom early this morning & popped into say hello to Drew & AlanT doing their bike fit session, impressive & very pro set-up & Alan looks FAST even just sitting on the turbo!

Paul C & Andrew Dunn turned up, but no sign of Richie (didn't check the post this morning) so off we went down the GT road where we picked up Campbell on the way to the bridge, where upon Iain McGinty was waiting with his change of schedule for the day meant that he could join in a lot earlier, fantastic!

The rain stayed off (as it was forecast), even though it had been raining pretty constantly the night before, so lucky in that sense. However, the wind wasn't playing ball, with a few folks push for time, we decided to stay together & missed out the Crow road instead & do it on another day.

Did the route pretty much as planned all the way to Croftamie after which we all just went up the Queens View instead & down the "Cuilt Brae" climb into Blanefield for a lovely café on the main street of Strathblane, a wee favourite on mine now in the village, next to the convenient store just opposite the pub. Its call the "Pestle & Mortar", is a wee Deli, come gift shop come Café. It only sits about 6 folks but the new owner have immediate plans to turn the gift section into a proper seated café. So one to look out for if you're in that neck of the woods for sure.

Anyway, back to the cycling!

Watered & fed, we headed back home via the back roads through Strathblane & Mugdock park and into Minlgarvie where I left the bunch to stay on this side of the river to head home on my toad. I hope everyone got over the bridge ok & back home in time for their respective activities/duties.

And Campbell, where did you end up as you took a different turn into Milngarvie, the guys were waiting for you at the traffic lights? :-)

Thanks again for the folks for coming out to play today & cheers for the company & wheels. It was a good one despite the wind & personally not been out for a few weeks, it was just what I needed - nothing beats a pedal in open roads & fresh air ............ ah bliss :-)!

I won't manage next Sunday (but plan on a ride on Saturday instead) So I'll see youse for the first # Reliability 1 run in a few weeks time.

Adios

Chung

Yes - a really good run today. Stayed dry and 12 C - excellent.

Good cafe stop and good chat

After Chung parted company in Milngarvie we regained Campbell.

Left McG at the bridge and then headed down GT road with me and Campbell doing a 2-Up into the wind.

Left C at Crosslee then had the usual grind back to LW into the wind.

TBH wind was not as bad as foreecast.

Legs felt fine and 66 miles in the bank.

Ritchie - you should have made the effort!