Tuesday 14th July - 25mile TT #1 A77

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

This week it's a 25TT on A77, start at 7pm so meet at 6:45,  The route is:

• Start at the roundabout at the A77 with the Eaglesham B764 road,and head north up the A77 to the roundabout just after the Malletsheugh (on the edge of Newton Mearns) and turn.

• Head back out on the A77 pass through 3 roundabouts and turn at the 4th at the B751 Kilmaurs road.

• Back up the A77 passing the East Renfrewshire golf club, finishing at the Motorway signpost about 1/3 mile past the golf club.

​This is the IvyCC course that some members may have ridden before.  Here's a link to a route map: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/777931811

I'll come up and timekeep, another pair of hands to hold up would be welcome.  Please post if you intend to ride.

Sorry will not be supporting this event or any other club confined on a course so far from home

In fact as this was rather backhanded will not support another confined event

There is no reason to move from the course we have been using without incident to a course miles from Johnstone totally disgusted with the sneakey backhanded way this has been done

When

Don't think there ever was a discussion on changing the route. Made my point will not support this or any other event show me the results from the discussion with the bunch

• 2023 Subscriptions

Graham, thank you for all your work on the confined events.

The A77 is certainly an improvement on the Lugton course & (for me) only 10 mins further than the fabled Westferry.

The problem (for me) isn't the venue, it's because it's on a Tuesday & clashes with the sewing bee.

I appreciate the sewing bee isn't an official club ride but it does get a good turn out from the competitive sorts who might otherwise ride the confined events.

That's why I'd like to suggest we move confined events to a Saturday morning. This may also suit others who are a bit tight for time midweek but could spare a couple of hours on a Saturday.

I appreciate the dates are set for this year but perhaps next year?

Thanks again,

George

• Life Members

Graham, seeing how it's down my neck of the woods, I'll come down to help to allow folks to ride. I'll be there for 6.30-ish then. (I'll do the holdy-uppy, as I'm not sure on the time keep thingy :-))

See you there

Cheers

Chung