Hill Repeats

Conlin

Depends on the aim of the session . First question is what are you trying to improve, for example a strength session would be riding up the hill in a bigger gear ( harder) than you would normally for a long interval 4/5 minutes. Short term muscular endurance interval would be working very hard highest cadence for 1/2 minutes with limited recovery ( no more than 60 seconds ) so ther are other sessions if it's strength work the longer climbs like bowfield the braes langbank are good but STME look for shorter step hills or just use the steep parts of the longer hills

Short and steep the wall at port Glasgow the one at Kilmalcolm

Enjoy

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Guys

There's a good wee circuit near me that I intend to use as training for LBL. As Iain said, up auchenlodment road out onto main road and descend past the car park. Turn left towards Fox Bar and onto Glen Patrick Road and then repeat. Anyone interested in trying this let me know.

Cheers

D

Daryls circuit is not veryong so good for the repeats

Iain think Brisbane glen and back over are a bit long but it would be a good Sunday Option

Richie your route is also fine think the longest climb is 4.5 k any repeated circuit would be good

Also we did a ride round to Kaimes 125 miles also good for distance in legs and lunch at the hotel

• 2023 Subscriptions

From that I can work out ( I think ) longest hill length is 2.2 miles, the first 76 miles has one classified 'hill', but that strava section disagrees, then at the 76 mile marker the second hill begins. And from there they are on average every 7 miles, some only 2 miles between, some 10 miles between.

Sorry guys, I'm a bit wet behind the ears, only been cycling for a year and will joining the club as soon as the weather picks up.

I am doing Glasgow to London in 4 days at the end of April and hill repeats are to mix the training up a bit during the week so its really about building up muscle edurance.

Also LBL?

Also, in terms of hills.

Old Greenock Road up past Gleddoch House, Finlaystone Road up into Kilmacolm, West Glen Road in reverse, turn onto Gallahill Road, which takes you back to Old Greenock Road. And repeat.

7.2 mile loop with 865 ft varied climbing.

Also, in terms of hills.

Old Greenock Road up past Gleddoch House, Finlaystone Road up into Kilmacolm, West Glen Road in reverse, turn onto Gallahill Road, which takes you back to Old Greenock Road. And repeat.

Sounds good Alex. 17 laps would give us the LBL elevation in only 120 miles by my reckoning!!!

Also, in terms of hills.

I'm in Bishopton so this works perfectly for a lunch run on a 'working' from home day