WoSCA Glasgow Nightingale 27th April

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Race report. Woke up full of the joys. Looking forward to racing in Gods country Ayrshire roads. Set off, got to Beith, car died. Completely. So abandoned u/s piece of German crap car, got bike out and went to Motherwell to cheer on my gals at rowing regatta :)

The race started at a fairly benign tempo with the usual attacks. Most of the bunch stayed together on the first climb of the mini braes but it broke up on the second climb of the braes with various groups forming. I did some work at the front in the run in to the first climb and tried to go with a couple of the moves and foolishly put myself on the red by the time the bunch reached the mini braes. Not my best effort but at least I didn't finish last. Although difficult this was a good course with only one slightly dodgy corner but was very well marshalled. Well done to Lewis of the couriers on a 5th place. Chapeau Andy for recovering from a dropped chain to finish well up

• 2023 Subscriptions

Perfect conditions for well organised and stewarded racing yesterday. Colin and I turned up with 58 others for 37 miles of anticipated hell. There was a palpable nervousness ahead of the start. Pace out to Thornhill was easy to moderate anticipating the first climbs. Left at Thornhill saw the first attacks. Breathing space on the desent to the Braes of Greenock. Attacks went off again. I was in wrong gear and managed to drop my chain. Panic and the effort to stay on saw me go into the red pretty quick and by the top of the Braes I was off the back. Left towards Thornhill again and we got a pretty decent bunch going with 5 of us working pretty well. We all can through the next climb and then the chase to pick up riders and make Dukes pass was on. A bunch of 15 or so hit the final climb. Then every man for himself. 40th place on the day. Work on gear choice and climbing. Looking forward to EK Evening Saunter!