TOUR OF THE CAMPSIES

iain couttie

• 2023 Subscriptions

good course today,as usual climb up the crow was hard. We had about a mile on the flat then up the climb with the long steady climb

was strugalling to keep heart rate down,got coght by ben at the top. was using my new tt water bottle so has a wee drink at the top, put it back hit a bump and lost it, big decision £10 for new one or ten seconds to stop, kept going.The decent was terifing on a tt bike, i hit 40mph on the way down, not that i was looking at the time! The flat was a good run with a gentle tail wind at points cruising at 30 od mph.The course was only 24.5 miles so got a bit misjudged and could have put more out for the last few miles.I ended on 1hr 10.45 which was good enough for 14th! I am pleased as #### considering the caliber of the other riders.

two ciders couttie

• Members

Well done, Iain and Mike. That can't have been an easy ride on such a cold blustery day.

Iain, you finished in front of Jim Cusick! All right, he punctured - just miss out that part of the tale when you're recounting it in the Bagel Basket over winter. ;-)

Seriously though, guys, great stuff. The Tour of the Campsies - a Scottish classic.