Neilston Nocturne 5th June 2012

Gummers

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Good luck chaps.

That hill is a belter-not long as the Winn but brutal :)

Hell mend ye!

Colin, think the virus is called "common sense"

Guest Ross Toole

Some people can't ride a bike!

First lap sitting sixth in the line to stay out of trouble Guy from vc Glasgow sitting fourth couldn't corner with the group and jumping all over place obviously didn't have fitness/bike handling. Jusmps and swerves on a straight bit of road and takes 5/6 of us out! Got back up but bike wasn't right so couldn't carry on, I can totally understand an accident but this was just very poor riding! Talked to a couple of guys who came off and they agree! Obviously still raging!

There will be another race!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Ross there must be scraps of your flesh all over the west of Scotland.

Too many people taking up the bike & going straight into road racing without learning the basics, I'm afraid. Also riders taking chances,

It's just a hobby for goodness sake. :(

I'm sure a result is on the horizon tho*

*unless yer mammy bans you from racing in case her wee lamb gets hurt.

Guest Ross Toole

Yeah I know I am relatively new to it but have went along to renfrew bunch and from.my running now how to position my self and move around! This Guy has clearly not ridden in a fast bunch! He clearly shouldn't of been there!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

I don't mean you, Rosco. Lots of over 40's taking the bike up & thinking they can go from sportives straight into road racing.

No coaching. No bunch experience. Bound to end in disaster.

There's no filter for the organiser to weed them out so accidents are always gonna happen.

I've passed many a crash victim in road races. Usually 10 mins after the crash. :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ross, Very bad luck. It was generally acknowledged the guy was completely to blame and a nutter.

George, your kind predictions are rose tinted!

There were 7 laps of Caldwell circuit. Davy and Andy got to about 5th time up the climb which was taken pretty hard each time then slipped out lead group.

Hugh and I got to the bottom of the final climb in the lead group which had dwindled to about 20 after the war of attrition on the 7 circuits.

Hugh went forwards to finish somewhere mid bunch, I went backwards to finish out the rear.

Really great riding by Hugh to hold position in top 10 practically the entire race.

Ohyadancer!

No luck Ross but glad to see you are in one piece, you couldn't get much better roads than that for racing in terms of visibility and safety so must have been a rash bit of riding indeed, was lucky not too get tangled up in it myself and ended up cyclo crossing over somebody's back wheel to avoid it.

As for my race no legs, no excuses but still enjoyable and a good workout though it did end up a bit of a TT after being dropped.

Well done Hugh great effort.

D