wosca race 1

Guest J. Udas

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ditto, had a chat to a few folks then home to rollers and turbo.

Whatever you think of global warming or global freezing here is a factoid, in 20 years of racing I have only ever known 1 race to be cancelled due to weather prior to this year (and that was just a couple of years ago).

So far this year I have been down for THREE road races and EVERY one has been cancelled, 2 snow and one rain.

Just as well the velodrome was built.

Time to move to Spain or Italy I think.

:(

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Man up

Coming from the guy who didn't enter cos the course was "too dangerous"

I was present and had my war face on while you were prancing about the house in your fluffy pom-pom slippers.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Aw Charlie in his wee Pom Pom slippers. What goes on in George's mind?

I had to settle for some lovely sunny small single track hilly roads around the north of Isle of Mull repeating yesterday's ride. The best thing though is the 5 k descent right back to my wee cottage. Oh my what to do tomorrow?

Miss you loads x

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

see some folk on fb talking about withdrawing their entries from any re-scheduled event due to the state of the roads on the circuit.

is it that bad?

Martin, it isnt.

Glennifer Road is prefect. Sargeantlaw has some potholes on the inclines but is generally ok. No worse then Barrmill or the roads we go over on a Thursday night chaingang.

OK, it's a fast descent with a sharp corner which Barrmill also has but it's all part of the fun.

Maybe we should get onto the pothole watch thread and get something done to tidy it up. That's all it needs to make it into a really good course.

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

This has been given a provisional rearranged date of 02/06/13 with a revised, hopefully safer, course.

It's on the IVY CC website but I can't get the link on map my ride to work.

The strava link works though.

Carries on further south and left at the crossroads before going up then descending across the sargeantlaw and back onto Glennifer Road.

They have taken out the "amen corner" from Sargeantlaw onto Glennifer Road. :icon_yes