Saturday 9th March

DavieB

Have crossed all fingers and toes and hope I am fit for the weekend.

If so I was planning a Saturday run avoiding the coast road if possible and aiming for some country air and rolling roads interspersed with a few hills. The only other pre-requisite is I need to stay local (for me) in case my legs, lungs, sinus' etc give out and don't want to be holding anybody up. This being the case an East Ayrshire route is on the cards i.e. Transmitter Hill or surrounding area.

As for pace - not particularly fit at the moment but don't want to dawdle about either (if that makes any sense??).

If interested post - and I will go for a 09:00hrs start.

Cheers,

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hope to b there for 9am . 5 weeks since crash so should be interesting though as George has rightly spotted have done a few shifts on turbo

As long as your not route planning Charlie. I recall our last trip to Transmitter hill ;-)

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

As long as your not route planning Charlie. I recall our last trip to Transmitter hill ;-)

Which was really a trip in the vicinity of transmitter hill.

Ranulph McCusker couldn't find the actual "hill"

Forecast is for strong cold easterly winds on Saturday.

Just sayin'

Andy

Your reading my mind......why don't we arrange to meet at 09:00hrs and make a judgement call.

Would still prefer to avoid the coast (and worst of the winds) but could stay relatively local (Dunlop,Barmill, Kilmaurs type area) and maybe take in some circuits at Barmill as part of the run. Something a bit different.

Cheers,

D

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Forecast is for strong cold easterly winds on Saturday.

Just sayin'

Andy

I think this is called "March in Scotland"

I think Andy is hinting at a bagel basket run. Lets just see what the consensus is on Saturday morning*

*I'm experiencing shoogly rear wheel-itis so if I'm not there I'll likely be stood on Foxbar Road shouting at my bike.

Guest Ross Toole

Did someome say bagel basket????? Will be there at 9! Unfortunately I wont have muddies on :twisted leer !!

Know how you feel Geo, I have a shoggly front and rear wheel so if not there I will be somwhere in Howwood shouting at mine! Ohyadancer!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Have ordered new bearings for my training wheels but if the weather is dryish I'll be out on the Cervelo (complete with new zipps)

Lets see how long they last :shock:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Davie

What r u doing to me. Gumley Donnelly and toole will have no sympathy for my delicate state but with you there I will at least get a fair hearing. my recollection is that as u posted run you decide on day where we r going. You can tell those 3 it is an alternative coast route. Trust me they won't be any the wiser. Cu all tomorrow at 9 bells. Scott bike 4 me as just realised ribble still bust

• 2023 Subscriptions

I think to be fair that we should make decision on Saturday morning.I think a ride in an easterly direction to transmitter hill might be hard going but if we take decent turns it might be okay, tail wind home will be nice. Alternatively we choose a route that allows us to hide a bit. Main thing is getting 60/70 miles.

Regarding Davie's Inner Coach.....

Important to nurture, be kind, warm and forgiving to your inner coach (even when they're angry with you) without being submissive to them.

We need to understand Davie's inner coach and I think letting Davie ride alone with him would not be a good example of team spirit!

Andy