WC Bunch 16/2

P McDonald

Guest Ross Toole

Well the bog was full of excrement for me today. Was looking forward to a hard ride with a bunch made fully (apart from one) of joasin riders. Alan, Paul, mark, Andy,iain,Davy. It was hard riding until port where a broken spoke ended it for me! Got picked up top of the Cline and early bath.

Thanks

Ross

• 2023 Subscriptions

Very bad luck Ross.

Turns out the WC bunch were JWCC plus Tam Gordon. So we got on with it up the coast and rode a steady 21 plus average from Bishopton to Largs. Rewarded ourselves with a brief sortie to Bagel Basket. Then up to W Kilbride minus Iain and Davy who preferred the pain of the Healy brae. Great to see Davy back out and spirited rides from everyone made for an excellent 76 miles :)

Ohyadancer!

Aye good day in the saddle but probably never gladder to reach the descent into Kilbirnie as I had definitely reached a very dark place on the ascent of the Healy.

Thanks to everybody for dragging me round and hopefully now finally heading in the right direction.

Sore legs the noo!

D

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Bah!

BB was making alarming crunching noises as soon as I left the house,

Went as far at Renfrew Road b4 doing the sensible thing

& aborting.

To be fair, the BB hasn't been touched for nearly 7 years so no complaints.

Headed into a bike shop where the mechanic kindly took the bike he was working on off the

stand and replaced my BB & didn't charge for labour.

So all fixed up & back out for another go 2moro.

Enjoyed today's run. Seems 60 miles remains my limit at the moment. No matter felt strong early on and was able to test where I am at the moment. Still need to get some serious road miles in. Sorry I had to bale at kilbirnie, I'd never have gotten back up the road in time. Legs feel like they've been worked today so I'm a happy bunny.

M

• Committee

Yes it was a Joansin bunch braving the rain today with the kooryers elsewhere training for the TT on Sunday.

11 became 9 became 6 became 4 as we headed round to West Kilbride where Paul stamped on the gas.

Rain, wind, mist, mud: it's all good training for switching on Eurosport, cracking a Leffe and shouting at Tom in a few weeks time.

Alan

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Billy,

Hold the nut to the left side of your neck & screw the bolt in from the other side. Simples.

Using a mirror makes it easier (unless you pass out with fright)