Saturday 8th Dec

ginty001

• Committee

Good day in the clag. About 20 riders on steady coast ride.

Drizzle and Darryl's lolloipop stick mudgaurd ensured grimy faces by the end.

track from Linwood to Kilmacolm is NOT passable by bike unless you have studded tyres. There is thick ice under the trees. I had to walk half the way from Brookfield to BoW before resorting to the main road. Some minor roads still have sheet ice leading to some interesting moments.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Good day in the clag. About 20 riders on steady coast ride.

Drizzle and Darryl's lolloipop stick mudgaurd ensured grimy faces by the end.

track from Linwood to Kilmacolm is NOT passable by bike unless you have studded tyres. There is thick ice under the trees. I had to walk half the way from Brookfield to BoW before resorting to the main road. Some minor roads still have sheet ice leading to some interesting moments.

Point taken Alan. New guards ordered.

• 2023 Subscriptions

The were 6 JWCC till Billy departed. Another splendid day roon the coast.

1st timer Ross cruised it all the way, Alan and I got some good track training pacing a straggler back to bunch after W Kilbride hill, Darryl, Ramsay and I definetly got some good track training after piddle break, all in all a grand way to spend a Saturday morn.

Alan, re your previous OCD about routes back from Largs, I was back in lochwinnoch at 1.15pm, is it possible Darryl noted his time through lochwinnoch so that we can close out that particular question? Please say yes Darryl - make up a time if need be because he WILL be back on the case....

Ohyadancer!

• 2024 Subscriptions

Darryl, just teasing about the mudguard, the conditions were so grimy that nothing really worked.

Also like to point out that we had five JWCC driving on the bunch, providing Jens-like levels of raw diesel power. Ohyadancer! :banana

The rear guard doesn't even keep me dry :roll: :roll:

• 2024 Subscriptions

The were 6 JWCC till Billy departed. Another splendid day roon the coast.

1st timer Ross cruised it all the way, Alan and I got some good track training pacing a straggler back to bunch after W Kilbride hill, Darryl, Ramsay and I definetly got some good track training after piddle break, all in all a grand way to spend a Saturday morn.

Alan, re your previous OCD about routes back from Largs, I was back in lochwinnoch at 1.15pm, is it possible Darryl noted his time through lochwinnoch so that we can close out that particular question? Please say yes Darryl - make up a time if need be because he WILL be back on the case....

Ohyadancer!

I got home at about 1.20, but after the Hailie Brae and the blast down to Kilbirnie, my legs were pretty shot. The road from LW to Howood was murder, so I was really slow by this point. But, still definitely quicker going up Hailie. If I'd gone the full route I would have gone much slower than Paul or had to really dig-in, and I don't like doing that these days :smash