Main bunch 7th OCTOBER

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

What a great day with cracking company, but 98miles is really a bit much for this time of year for me! Bit broken now! :shock:

Hope everyone made it home ok, especially Mark and Paul who left us early.

Can I put in my order for weather like this all winter? :grin:

R

• Life Members

Great Run today over the water!

Fantastic weather with some lovely hills thrown in & cafe stop. What more can you ask for!

I counted 10 to start with - Colin, Tom, Mark O, Young Hugh, Paul C, Graeme, Stuart, Ramsay, Alan Fox & me.

We headed up & over the Crow, then the Tak-me-Doon. As we were enjoying the magnificent view over to the Forth, we were ambush by one Al Yullie who had come up the other side of the Tak to join us.

A quick & careful decent down to Kilsyth, it was at this point Paul had to cut his ride short, I think you must have some virus to suffer the way you did. Hope you got back ok, Paul!

The cafe stop at Lennoxtown was most welcome by all, especially me! :grin:

Once fuelled & water, we headed home via Milngavie where Al, Hugh & myself said goodbye to the bunch as we made our way home via this side of the river. Hope everyone made it home ok, especially Mark who still had a long way to go!

Got home with 86 miles on me Garmin, chuffed! Hello, beer !!

Thanks for everyone that turned up & really appreciate the wheels!

Same again next week?!

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fabulous day to be on a bike. First run in five weeks so I felt very tired towards the end. Highlight of my day, not to mention season or indeed happier than I have been since the last of my kids was born was reaching the top of Crow Road and the Tak Me Doon before Skinny Mark. I know he was pedalling squares and still recuperating but the history books will not lie!!

Coach: I had to hit 175 bpm to overtake Mark at 18mph but while it might blow my pre-season training, it still made me a very happy boy despite his obvious handicap!!

Paul, I hope you made it back okay.

Tom

Tom-Mark is a busted flush. We probably wont hear from him again.

After billy & I destroyed him on Thursday he was talking about taking up Zumba classes & calligraphy.

Or he'll recover & avenge today sevenfold. :grin:

Guys - thanks for waiting for me a few times.

I don't know what was wrong. I felt dizzy when I got to the top of Tak me Doon having crawled up it at 4 mph and having to stop for a breather.

Got train from Croy to Queen Street and just made the connection GCS to LW and was home back of 2:00

Still, I got to use my recently acquired senior citizens bus pass which got me half price train tickets!

So, there is some advantage to being over 60!

Tough day in the saddle until I got my 4 course lunch in me. Chapeau Mr Hill for doing me on a hill. One for the grandchildren. Thank god McB wasn't there it would have been too much to bear. On that note McB you weren't there so shut it. You forfeit you right to comment. G - I shall return skinnier than ever and full of climbing beans. 90 on the clock.