New bike

Guest EPCC

No this is Stella, Norma's big sister. Funny name for a bike anyway!!!!!

Customs! eek. I smell the unmistakable stench of wet import taxation stamp ink in the air. HMRC don't do CVA's Billy. I'd be on the phone to to my defence lawyer. Ah! didn't you rip into Charlie for not finishing the chaingang on Thursday evening. I hear Equador do political asylum gigs these days.

Seriously though I have feelers out for an answer Billy. If I get something back I'll let you know

• Members

Yes, it's normal. I'd steel yourself for 4.7% duty and 20% VAT on the declared value and carriage costs.

I can't remember the last time I ordered something from abroad that made it into the country without coming to the attention of Customs. When I first started buying bike bits from outside the EU I had a run of luck and didn't have to stump up for anything. Recently I've not been so lucky. I paid through the nose for the White Industries hubs on my Lynskey.

I hope you get away with it, Billy. A word to the wise, though: the request for duty fees doesn't always arrive with the shipment. There's nothing worse than thinking you've escaped only for the bill to land on your doormat four weeks later.

Last time I ordered something of value from overseas I also got hit with a processing fee from Parcelforce. Think they charge you as they pay the VAT to Customs, which apparently speeds up the whole process. Think it was around £15.

I'm sure they phoned me and I had to pay over the phone before they would release it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it true you actually paid £3000 for something the vender valued at $150. Awfully expensive tricycle.

I'm sure it will be lovely when put together and will be talk of the bunch. Enjoy! Post some piccies please.

Have just realised you'll have to wait until the spring before you are allowed out on it. Gonna be a longer winter for you........ even longer for us listen to you go on about it.

Will the new club kit come with JWCC ear defenders?

• 2 weeks later...

upside down bike! cooool. I hope deciding between Shimano and sram keeps you awake a night McBagel. would be a waste of a frame to have it emit CLUNKING!!!! sounds every so often.

Looks good all the same, but white is very hard to keep gleaming. Tips from K. Christie esq. required on that front me thinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know where to post but since Billy was showing off his new bike will post a picture of my winter bike project so far! 150 budget...... might not be out in a few weeks hahaha!

It's a start don't know of you will be able to pick up all the bits for 150 but I am sure you will be able to run behind us for a few miles just remember the blue charge