Eddie Morgan RR 8th July

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Event now live - see below on Braveheart, will quickly oversubscribe - I've entered

The online entry for the event is now open and available. This event is usually over-subscribed so don't hang about.

There are full details of the race on our club website and links to the online entry.

http://www.perthunited.org.uk/

• 1 month later...

Good luck one and all. Looking forward to your race reports. Billy, only words of advice would be pre race night checks on kit - nothing to fall off and pay attention at the back in the neutralised zone. Charlie, give the old dog hell. Have fun you two.

M

Guest EPCC

What can one say love the course but as usuall it was hard

The race was under the control of the car for a couple of miles but what you never notice is that the next few miles goes upostly @ 5 percent so you feel the pace

End result was I was sort of of the back managed to get onto a group of about 12 and stayed with them to about 45 where the last hill was lost a wheel and that was that finished on my own about 30 seconds or so down on them and about fourth last finisher

Need to check times but last year I was over 24 mins down on the winner

• 2023 Subscriptions

Mcbagel has the yellow jersey. I was 2 places down on him but a few mins behind. Had a rubbish day. Struggled in the warm up and struggled to hold the bunch. Ended up time trialling the most part of the race with 2 guys from Perth united. We did work well together and if they had not been there I would have chucked it and headied to the pitcairngreen inn for alcohol. Think I might get myself one of those time trial machines as I am getting plenty of practise. Anyway all will seem better tomorrow

• 2023 Subscriptions

A great wee race as always with a 5 man show from jwcc. Full field of 80 riders.

For me it was a very painful first 15 miles as I adjusted to the race pace after holidays. After that ok but felt I had emptied the tank hanging on at the start, the start was a particularly lively one.

At 20 or so miles Davie B was looking strong but I didn't even have the energy to speak to him!

Got to the end with about 40 still in the lead bunch and I finished 21st in the uphill sprint.

Chapeau to the jwcc riders and a certain bagel person who won a private duel :grin: (they should really invent a smilie for a stirring spoon)

Oh ya dancer !