Etape du Perthshire, August 5th

Paul C

The calender for the 'social' group is now full up to the end of July (see separate post).

I would like to repeat the run of two years ago mainly following the course of the Etape Caledonia.

In this case we would cycle out to the tea rooms at Rannoch Station for lunch stop and probably miss out the Fortingall loop.

Total distance about 80 - 85 miles. Only two significant climbs otherwise fairly flat.

Leaving Pitlochry 10:00.

Suggested dates 5th or 12th August.

Please post if interested.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jody

Leave as a bunch, finish as a bunch would be my suggestion. It is a great ride. If anyone wants a PB then do the decent thing and enter the Etape proper.

On that score, perhaps I SHOULD shave my legs and put on some lippy. Heidi has entered but is not doing it this year!

Girls!! I wouldn't pass, shaved legs or a top Hollywood make-up artist. Anyone fancy the closed roads pm me.

Closed roads are fantastic. It would be a shame to let the entry go to waste!!

Tom

• 5 weeks later...

It seems that the 5th August is the preferred date.

Departure time is 10:00 from the Tourist Information office car park in Pitlochry. On the right as you enter the town from the south.

This is a social ride so usual rules apply regarding pace, keeping together, cafe stop etc. Distance about 80 miles.

Apart from those who have already shown interest - are there any more?