Jack Murray

David Thomson

Failed to get accepted for Lakes APR. 2 for 2 on the rejects list. Is this to be expected, or am I missing something? Seems to be a bit of a lottery after shelling out for a race licence and then not actually given opportunity to ride!!

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

mark

Got e mail from bc and I have also been rejected. it would appear that there are just too many of us wanting to race. f you go on to bc site you will see that they have listed the cat 4 races and all you can do is enter these just s soon as posted. t least we are in the Jim Daly apr

Also rejected.

Mark - don't think there is anything underhand here, think cycling is growing fast and in this regard is becoming a victim of it's own success with too many wanting to take part. Similar thing happened to 'cross this year with massive fields meaning races had to be split on the day.

I'm thinking of giving the TT'ing a go this year as it might be easier to get starts (??).

Keep entering and I am sure there will be races you will get a start in, I may be mistaken but I think the TLI (and vets) series might be a better shout - anybody ese want to comment on this.

D

Maybe

we should run our own Kenny spoke to me about a crit series so why dont we start looking at

1 A suitable place to stage a seies of crit races midweek during the summer

And Or

The feasability of a couple of Road Races within that a suitable circuit and if anybody knows costs if we do this we can load them with our own riders

The only issues are cost & time to organise my prefrence would be a crit and pssibly get another local club to assist

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry to hear you guys are not getting race starts. I know how frustrating that is.

How about re-instigating the Thursday night confined APR training, as soon as the clocks change? Worked well for a few seasons, a couple of years ago.

R

Had look at TLI site last night. There are a few down the Dumfries area worth a shout and will keep an eye on. Perhaps my perceptions were slightly out. I did kind of expect entering an event would be reasonably straight forward. Lesson learned, onwards and upwards.

Probably a reasonable shout to consider staging our own event. From a selfish point of view it could be aimed specifically at new and novice racers if only to give then some experience. I'm sure we could cobble together enough grey matter among ourselves to have a bash at it. Something for discussion in the bunch.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys

To get into the heavily subscribed early season races you need to keep an eye on Braveheart and enter as soon as it goes live. However still at organisers discretion.

Davie's suggestion of entering vets races is a good idea as you will normally get in if you enter early - need to be over 40 of course!

Staging own race - 1) club apr's excellent idea and I would be joining you on Sunday if I was not racing! 2) organising a race like the JD memorial is daunting first time but a) I can help, its so much easier when you have done the course B) you can decide who and what categories get a start

Also, some of the guys at the Don Smith (Kilmarnock and Ayr) were saying we ought to get together for trips to Arran for example, sounds good to me as they have a large bunch with a mix of levels which basically means a good thrash for all :grin:

just some thoughts

Oh ya dancer !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Nice one Billy (well, not the cold!).

From previous races on this circuit, there are two distrinct uphill sections that people try to attack on (one within a mile or so of the start and one leading up to the finish, which you pass on each lap). If you can hang in on these, then you are in with a shout.

Seem to remember someone actully trying to make a solo break on the descent last year, but with a bunch moving at 35+mph, that is a daft move!

Have fun, and looking forward to the report.

Cheers,

R

P.S. - Was down watching Charlie, David and Paul at the Stewarton APR yesterday and we met a guy you work with. Forgotten his name, but rides with VC Astar.

Mark, David,

My entry has been accepted. Logical to suggest some car pooling for Sat - I have 2 roof mounted bike carriers but my car is a bomb site possibly not suitable for OCD sufferers.

Let me know what the arrangements are as I can easily swap the carriers over to another vehicle (with non-aero racks) if that suits.

Billy - if you are not feeling well why are you lifting weights?? 1st part of my mental coaching manual states if not feeling well knock it on the head for a bit - look after yersel' man!

Cheers,

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm in

Suggest we sort out cars when we know for sure who's going? Circuit more rolling than hilly - more moscow circuit than A77 circuit - which I am happy about after the pumping I got on Saturday on the A77 hilly bits !

Looks like

Dave T

Mark

Davie B

Billy?

Me

Not near 75% fit so decided to withdraw from race the one thing I have learned is that you can't go into these races feeling less than 100%

Looking on the bright side saving myself for the Jim Daily APR