Road Races APR

Guest EPCC

Hi

I am trying to sort out my race schedule for this year so far I will be doing the vets series Jim Daily Millport Rothsay

Was thinking of ingilston crit series as well

Anybody got some other suggestions of races that would suit main objective for this year is to finish in the bunch and of course beat charlie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Billy,

Other APRs that are usually on are as follows (dates are only from memory):

- Lakes APR (early to mid march?)

- Loudon/Drumclog APR (mid March?)

- Moscow or Stewarton APR (end March?) (there used to be a few on the Moscow circuit, but seemed to have reduced/stopped due to an incident a couple of years ago)

- May Day Gallup (May Day bank holiday Monday)

All great races on generally good circuits.

Enjoy,

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

This on Braveheart tonight:

The Gifford Road Races will take place on Saturday 3rd March this year and will once again consist of an 'A' Race (National B - E/1/2/3, J1/J2/J3, E/1/2 Women) and a 'B' Race (Reg C+ - 4th Cat Seniors & Juniors, E/1/2/3/4 Women)

The event is now on the BC Calendar and will be available for on-line entry via the BC Calendar from Friday 27th January (closing date is Tue 21 Feb). Please note, on-line entries only.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events ... Races-2012

Race info can be found on the ERC website at: http://www.edinburghrc.co.uk/about/prom ... road-races

• 2023 Subscriptions

And the following weekend, confirmation of the Loudon event Ramsay mentioned:

event 1- LOUDOUN RC HILLY 12.5 MILE TIME TRIAL.

open to all categories of riders the route will consist of one lap of the strathaven/drumclog circuit.

race starts at 12-00hrs,and the strip is now confirmed as the strathaven leisure centre.

organiser-ross strachan

event 2-LOUDOUN RC 3/4 CAT 37.5MILE APR

open to 3rd and 4th cats only the course will consist of three laps of the strathaven/drumclog circuit.

race starts at 12-00hrs and the strip is at the ballgreen hall in strathaven.

(last year we recieved a huge amount of entries for this event,and it is advised to enter early providing as much info as possible re previous performances etc,as preference will go to riders who provide honest and full race results from previous years unless you are a newcomer to the sport).

organiser-sandy auston.

both races will hopefully be on the bc calendar shortly and we hope to have an online entry system up and running soon.

for more info we can be contacted on [email protected]

George,

Would suggest you give it a try. If organised correctly you should be in with riders of a comparable ability. I was of the same view - thought I'd get spat out early on - before going to Rothesay last year, got talked into APR by the lads on the boat across and had an absolute ball.

One thing I did learn is that there is no requirement to go to the front if you don't want to. You can sit in the bunch, draft and conserve energy if you wish.

M

Slightly off topic general question regards riders categories - Cat 1 - big, scary fast fit bloke on bike, where as Cat 4 - meek, mild, wet behind ears newbie. Cats 2 & 3 somewhere in between. Is my think correct or back to front?

Yes to a point cat 4 includes newbies also those who don't want points old sly bu+++rs and all other sorts cat 3 tend to be fairly good riders who have won races or gained points over the season to move up 2 1 and elites ate usually skinny starving fast people

George me an Charlie will be doing the Jim daily April and the lake of montieth march Apr at least there is always a possibility of getting dropped the point is when you get dropped

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cat 3s can also be former elite/cat 1s/cat 2s who have just not scored points in the past few years, so often some very handy riders!

George - would agree that giving it a go should be a blast. I would suggest an APR and insist in getting into the first group. Like Mark says, you don't have to go to the front, but it is always good manners to at least be seen at the front on occasions, otherwise the rest of the bunch may give you grief! :smash

Giford entry sent today would be nice to see a lot of yellow and blue Alan mark Charlie Paul Davie

On another note anybody fancy the igilston brits series good training for paisley one

My wife bought me a licence last year, obviously in the hope I die & she got a payout. What does it cost for one and do fatties get a discount? Would I, as an over 40 (yes, I know it's hard to believe) be racing with billy & charlie in dads army events?

Hincapie,

Be advised that being 40 or over does not automatically get you into a Dad's Army event, to compete along side Statler and Waldorf. There is the pre-qual comedy incompetency/misunderstood genius hurdle to surmount, crawl under or generally blunder through depending on your hips, replacement knees and failing eyesight. :icon_mooning

'Mon the Skinnies

Not yet Slim. Had look at calendar link PMcD posted didn't get chance to print it and study in detail. Being a newbie to all this didn't know there were so many. Had Jim Daly memorial down as first turn out and fancied cutting my teeth with APRs initially. Will discuss others with yourself and M'Lud over the piece and see whats what. May as well go mob handed as I know you'll be looking for a lead out man for your cavesque sprint. Still waiting for bit of paper to come in from BC.

• Committee
Yes to a point cat 4 includes newbies also those who don't want points old sly bu+++rs and all other sorts cat 3 tend to be fairly good riders who have won races or gained points over the season to move up 2 1 and elites ate usually skinny starving fast people

George me an Charlie will be doing the Jim daily April and the lake of montieth march Apr at least there is always a possibility of getting dropped the point is when you get dropped[/quote

You are right Billy. Yes, cat 4s should be newbies but there are lots of extremely strong riders in this group, who don 't get BC points, and who would give most of our Saturday bunch a kicking. Word of warning: there are NO easy road races even at bottom feeder level ; I should know.