Italian trip-medical certificate

• Committee

guys

Just an early warning that you will need either a BC race license OR a medical certificate to compete in the gran fondo.

A medical examination is carried out routinely on most amateur sports people in Italy so membership of a national body is accepted as proof of fitness and this is extended to international ( UCI/BC) licences, even though we don't get examined.

we took along doctors' letters to the campagnolo event and never expected them to get looked at but they were scrutinised at registration.

If you are not a BC member then you can phone or pm Duncan or me for advice on getting a letter.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan,

I have looked out my Special medical examination gloves, the long ones over elbow I got from a vet friend. :shock:

Now who's first, form an orderly queue :icon_mooning

it also will stop any sleep touch* completely :icon_yes

Duncan

* Unknown in any Medical textbook, but I wouldn't wish to deny its possible existence

Cents

Thanks for the kind offer of help however I would rather pay 80 quid for a race licence rather than a marigold touching toes examination mind you it brings back school day memories

• Committee

Three completely unrelated points for information only:

1. Your own GP (if they have any sense) is entitled to charge 30 quid minimum for a medical report for non-NHS work (Nicola Sturgeon does not yet support Gran Fondo participation in her battle to improve the nation's health.)

2. Some riders have been alleged to print out their own "medical reports" with fictional header, doctor's names and signatures. This would be dishonest and I could not possibly endorse such behaviour.

3. The people at the sign on probably can't read medical English very well, are very keen for you to have a good time and need to process 11000 riders in one go. Do you think they will try and contact a doctor in the UK at 0600 on a Sunday morning to ask if the medical letter is genuine?

I think Duncan can put his gloves away.

Alan

• 4 weeks later...

I've confirmed with Dante regarding this.

He's after a certificate....of some sort ;-) or your race licence number in either Dec or Jan.

I believe new licences are issued in Jan?? If you don't think your number will change, pass it to me.

For everyone else, pay a trip to your doc or get Microsoft Word on the go :grin:

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Richie

Licence number 883942

How's the training do you have a turbo ? If yes do 15 warm up and then sit at an effort of 8 .5 if 10 is max effort if turbo has power reading note it do this for 30 mins and then cool down for 15 its supposed to increase power but its a good effort for when you are indoors

Ciao

Hi folks,

Hope you're all well. Trying to fight off a cough/cold before I can get on the bike again :cry:

Just to let you know that I've been in touch with Dante, asking about the certificates/race numbers etc.

I asked if he needed them by a certain date and he said it would be better before January 9th

So....if you've got a number, please send it to me.

I'm phoning my doctor tomorrow.

Cheers