Roabie Robertson 10 TT

Kenny Christie

The last open 10 for the year then, with a fast fading light.

It was a good night for us JWCC. Iain Cowden, Ramsay, Ben, and in particular, for one Michael Ferguson who bagged a PB! Pleased for you Mike. Oh ya dancer !

Ben was still top ten after his layoff. Iain, a high 23 Ramsay also chimed in with a low 21, excellent stuff. I managed to best my PB by a few seconds too, even with having to come to a dead stop at the turn for traffic, really frustrating but C'est la vie.

I believe there was a paparazzi wheeler taking some action shots on the course too. 8-):grin:

Superb rides by all Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Big congratulations to Mike, dipping under 23 and looking good on that new bike 8-)

There were plenty of paps out last night so there should be pics aplenty. My wee camera struggled with the failing light so I tried some experimental shots under the first bridge on the way out. Unfortunately I was still faffing about with shutter speeds when Mike and Ian came by and the results wern't perfect. Then while checking back through the pics Ben flashed by too quickly for me to get focused on him. Got in car and sped to the layby about half way back on the return leg and got a shot of sorts (sorry big man if the flash blinded you for a bit :roll: ). Pics I did get below and in next message:

Kenny,

Position looks pretty sorted to me. Every time I have saw you your head is up and the tail of your helmet makes a nice line with your back. Lowering your position could put a strain on your shoulders and neck resulting in you having to look down which will ruin that nice line. I think bigger gains will come for you through specific training on the lead up to next season.

If you do decide to try and get lower remember:

Record your current position so you can go back to it if things don't work;

Move your position in small increments and try each setting for a while before changing again.

Of course I could just be talking a load of old tosh ;-)

Colin Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yeah, well done to Mike on a great time and a V50 win, as well as Ben for 4th and others for PB's etc. Oh ya dancer !

Thanks for the photos Colin. I must get my position sorted to get lower at the front. I also should get my back seen to, as it turns out that playing front row in the scrum when I was a lad didn't do me much good. Perhaps I should give up cycling and take up bell ringing in Paris? :lol:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Meant to say that it was good that Jessica Wilson-Young set a new ladies record, but sad that it was Katrina's record she beat. :grin: but :cry:

I was Katrina's "minute man" the day she beat the record back in 2006 and I couldn't believe that I got caught by her not long after Langbank roundabout! :-?