Tour of Flanders - TV Interview Request

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys,

Please see below an email I have just received from Belgian National TV!! If you are all happy, I will let them know that we are all going for the full distance (all 15 of us) and unfortunately most of us are well beyond any hopes of being Pro! Any other suggestions of info we can tell him to make us more appealling! (perhaps that PMcD and Darryl are trying to complete the course in under 8 hours might raise some interest! ;-) )

While it is my email he is using, we need a handsome, well turned out fella to be the spokesman. Ok, so we may not have that, but we do need someone that is literate (and fluent in flemish?)!

Looks like he knows George and Katrina. I'll let them know.

Any comments would be good!

Dear Sir/Madame,

We here at VRT (Belgian national television) are in full preparation for the Tour of Flanders. We also have a live show covering the Tour of Flanders for cycling tourists, on Saturday 2nd of April.

I received your e-mail address from the organisation of the Tour of Flanders. We are planning to make a report, to be broadcast in the show, about foreign participants in the Tour of Flanders for cycling tourists.

You guys are coming with 12 cyclists? Are they cycling tourists, or are they training to become pro’s? Are George and/or Katrina Hamilton joining you? We might want to do an little interview with you guys before the start and maybe follow you for a while on the track.

Would you be so kind to tell me a little bit more about your plans?

Kind regards,

Bart AERTS

VRT-Sports Desk

GSM : +32 486 41 93 87

TEL. : +32 2 741 98 63

• 2023 Subscriptions

How about this for a response?

Bart,

Thank you for your email.

There are now 15 cyclists coming with our group from the Johnstone Wheelers Cycling Club. The club is based in Johnstone, which is just outside Glasgow, Scotland.

We are all cycling tourists, although 6-7 of us do regularly race throughout Scotland (Road Race, Time Trial and Cyclocross). For most of us this will be our first time riding in Belgium, although there are one or two that have been before.

Our plans have us arriving into Zeebrugge on the morning of Friday 1st April. We will then drive to our accommodation in Brugge, before heading out towards Nivone, where we will ride some of the end of the course (maybe 40km-60km). Then we will head back to Brugge on Friday evening. All 15 of us are registered to do the full 260km route and plan to leave from Brugge at approximately 7am on Sat 2nd April. Finally, we are planning to be around on the Sunday to watch the Pros race, before heading back to Zeebrugge for the evening ferry.

We would be happy to do an interview with you and for you to follow us for a while.

George and Katrina are unfortunately not coming with us.

Best regards (Met vriendelijke groeten, Cordialement)

Ramsay Muirhead

(http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk)

• 2023 Subscriptions

This from George:

Hi Guys, I tried to log into see this message from Ramsay, however whenever I’ve tried it wont let me in, I asked for a new password but this hasn’t worked either.

Do either of you have Ramsay’s e-mail and I’ll reply to him that way.

I did somehow manage to get into the bunch briefly and noticed a posting by Ramsey, saying he’d received a message from Belgian TV, who were asking if George Hamilton and or Katrina Hamilton were going tot eh tour of flanders… We unfortunately wont be able to make it along and if it’s about those outstanding drugs charges, we were told that Belgian mix was plain and simply a flu remedy……. I honestly haven’t a clue where they would have pulled mine and Katrina’s names from.

Mul