Clothing order questions

Richie Cross

Hi,

Sorry for starting another thread but I didn't want to be clogging up the order thread with questions etc....unless Jannza would prefer them there?

As a club newbie and first time buyer...daft question, but are the Endura sizes as described?

According to my 32" waist, I'd be getting a small pair of bibshorts but I don't think I've ever bought any bike gear in small! I'm 6ft tall as well so wondered how they would be in the leg?

My Assos shorts are based on my height so I'm a large in those.

Looking to get a s/s jersey so hopefully I can check sizes with folks on Sunday?

Would I be able to order an Ultra Packable?

Going back to shorts...I've read on the club info that it's club kit for confined events etc but do we have 'rules' as such for other times?

I'm torn between wanting to fit in and look part of the club with club shorts but after eventually finding that Assos shorts are great for my behind (and obviously the cost of them!) I wouldn't want to confine them to my kit drawer....no offence intended regarding the club kit! :oops::-?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Richie,

Sure others will add their views, but from me: I'm about 5' 7" or 8'' and wear Endura size small, so figure you'll need something a bit bigger.

I don't wear club shorts though - assos for me too (medium, in case anyone wants to buy me a new pair). No-one has complained! Club jersey for racing / training / general riding though, and the ultra packable is very good.

Cheers

M

• Members

Are we meeting for a try-before-you buy session? I'd like to experiment a bit before laying out any more cash.

Specifically I'd like to try a gilet, a short-sleeved jersey and an Ultra Packable in large sizes. If anyone else feels the same and would like to get a handle on the Endura sizing, I can offer the chance to try on an Ultra Packable, bib tights, a Pro Windtex jacket and a short-sleeved jersey, all size medium.

After the run on Sunday I tried on a jersey and ultra packable in large.

I'm 6ft with about a 40" chest and the tops seemed fine.

Guess it depends in how loose you want them. Should've tried an extra large for comparison.

I've got a 32" waist but I've been told a medium short (33-35") would be better for leg length.