Sunday 14

Guest EPCC

• Committee

Seven riders completed the full route including diversions up Dougliehill to ensure Jim and David got MORE hill training in.

The snowfields of Brisbane Glen (yes, really) glistened in the hot sunshine as we cycled out of winter and into spring.

Epic descents down the Glen and also into Kilbirnie were punctuated by a stop at the Bagel Basket.

Good to see so many riders out including the big 0900 bunch.

BTW Richard had to take off his faulty mudguard and hide it in a hedge for later retrieval. Send me a fiver if you'd like to know the location of a free mudie

• Members

Some unscrupulous Wheeler is bound to take up that offer of a free mudguard, Alan. The sort of cyclists who would hide up a side street and let a baggie-shorted eejit think he was lonesome in Largs for the second week running are NOT cyclists to be trusted. ;-)

A really great run today - that route was brilliant.

A tough shift for me so thanks to all the guys who waited at the top of the many (!!!) climbs and a big thanks to Billy for getting me through the worst of them.

Really enjoyed the day, though I could have done without the final ascent of the Haylie Brae, but once on top I was home and dry with an easy wind assisted coast back home to Glengarnock.

I keep telling myself it will get easier!!

Cheers,

Davie

A broken mudguard is better than none at all!

Only tagged along from Houston to Langbank and got home looking like I had been in a cyclocross race never mind a Sunday bunch run :angryfire .

Brownie points for not missing Mothers Day lunch (that would have been three years in a row) but marks off for manky kit in the washing machine :rockets

Oh yeah, Charlie will lay claim to beating me in the sprint for the 30 sign in Bishopton after some tactical "positioning" by Billy ;-) . I'll get you next time mate Hello, beer !!

Colin