Auchentoshan

balamory

• Committee

Brief recap for anyone interested:

MTBs are fine but a bit slower on the paths. Road bikes with knobbly tires ok but standard road frames with brakes will clog up so cross frame is best.

Pace is high as you like. Only short section of off-bike obstacles/embankments.

50-55 minutes of racing.

Lycra shots best, baggies get caught on saddle. Don't bother with water/food.

And bring a black bin bag for dirty kit.

And expect to get lapped. Twice.

A

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan,

Still not going to make this weekend. Tried my Turbo on Sunday but only managed two mins, as it was too sore. Will try again this weekend, as I'm currently on a tour of Mull, Coll & Tiree.

WIll be four weeks off the bike by Sunday!!! Lack of fitness will be a bit of an issue once I do get back on the bike!!

I will be spectating at Auchentoshan though.

C'moan the Joansin!!! :grin::grin:

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

great pics Kenny!

Don't forget the great support from the non-riding Joansin aswell: the McGinty clan, the Habbicks, big Al and of course your good self.

It was great to get the encouragement from all as we charged round a fantastic race course. Oh ya dancer ! (plus the need to keep going, lest incriminating pics of people walking should find their way onto flickr! ;-) )

Well done the Glasgow united - a great event. roll on Mugdock. Training starts now! :lol:

brill pics kenny....my pics are rubbish....i need a new camera.

full praise to you all who took part, i must admit i really enjoyed watching you all tear round the track, kinda keen to give Murdock a go, although the off-road sections (to an offroad novice) looked a bit worrying. is Murdock flatter i wonder?

and now understand the 'you will get lapped' statement...the boys at the front were flying along...gulp.

Mike, i heard you got an injury, hope your okay.

cu all this Sunday.

al.