16th Sunday Bunch ??????

chung

• Life Members

Hello there,

Seeing how quite a few of the Bunch regulars are either doing the Dooleys RT 25tt or making alternative run arrangements, would anyone fancy coming out for a run maybe as Martin suggest, over to Dunoon (if the weather allow) or other suggestion?

Would suggest an earlier start if doing the Dunoon run...say maybe 8.30 or 8.45am???

Any takers?

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

No takers for a trip over the water then? Leaving BoW 8:30 for a 9:30 boat.

Steady paced run with a couple of drags.

Meet you in Gourock at the Western Ferries if you have a change of heart....

PS weather forecast is for early showers followed by sun. 8-)

M

• Life Members

There we were 9.30am sitting in Dennis's car was Kenny C & myself, outside the club room debating what we should do while it was pouring down outside.

Did someone suggest we do the run in our car?

We were then joined by a rather wet but determined Bill T who was going out no matter what the weather was like. Then a bit late but rather relieved Big Al turned up a few minutes later thinking he had missed the bunch only to find 4 men in lycra sitting in a car with steamed up windees. :oops::oops:

By that time the rain had stopped and looking good, so we decided to go for a run afterall. Quick assemble of bikes and we were off.

So, Bill T, Kenny C, Big Al, Dennis & myself headed down the track, towards Largs via the Harlie Brae. For those that have been out with the bunch recently, you'll know that this is the 3rd week in a roll that we have done the same route. :shock:

A cafe stop in Largs and where Bill shared with us his wee adventure up the Mount Ventoux back in June. After that a quick ascent over the Brisbane Glen, drop back to Port Glasgow, along the West ferry detour to Langbank and back to the club room with 54 miles on the clock.

The rain managed to stay away throughout the run, only a very strong head wind in parts, but that didn't matter cause of the good company.

Won't be out next week as doing the SkyRide in Glasgow with the wee-one.

See you all in 2 weeks time

Chung

did no-one go across the water then? martin did you and kev make it?

Dave, Jim D and myself went across on Sat. what a lover easy wee run we had with Jim hangin on the back as best he could :lol:

Jim, big thanks for waiting on Dave and I...........after every hill, on every slight incline, along the flats, and even downhill. hope we didn't put you off from ever going out with novices again. personally I have never ridden so fast, so far, in my whole life....or spent an entire run following the same person. just when i thought that i might take a wee turn on the front, to give you a short respite, we got to the Loch Striven hill and you sprinted...and i mean sprinted...up it.....that was me relegated to the back forever. :shock: amazing.

here's to next weeks run.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chung: glad someone managed to drag you out. Kev told us you were in two minds what to do.

Hi Al,

yes, we did get across the water. Ian McGinty met up with my mate Andy and me to enjoy the thoroughly miserable conditions on the run down to the 09:30 ferry, where we met up with Kev and Ian headed of in search of rolls and bacon.

We dried off a little on the boat only to get wet again as soon as we reached the Holy Loch, but by the time we reached Tarsan the sun was out, and pretty much stayed that way for the rest of the day.

The lady in the post office / tea room sends her regards, by the way. She says next time can you ask for a black plastic bag before you sit down? Seemingly the next people to sit at your table were none too pleased to find your damp patch....

We stopped long enough to make your apologies and buy a bottle of juice before heading for the Whistlefield and then the run for the boat.

Good steady run, topped off for me and Andy with high tea in the Cafe Continental (chips and lager, your ideal recovery meal).

80 miles in total, very nearly an Erskine Century. When is that, btw?

mul