Thursday 9th July 25TT

Frank

Guest Jim Daly

I suggest that we stick to the Uplawmoor Course as shown on the calendar:

Start at 7pm.

A736 Barrhead to Irvine Road.

Start at the Builders Yard on the Barrhead side of Shilford Hamlet which is near Uplamoor and head towards Irvine until the first roundabout and return.

Jim

'Shilford, Lochlibo Rd, Neilston, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G78, UK', stick this into Google maps

Get to Barrhead, probably via the Clyde Tunnel, Cardonald, Hurlet. Turn right at the roundabout in Barrhead along the Main St and head through the town - taking a mainly uphill direction. Follow signs for Irvine, stay on the main rd A736.

This is the road the route follows. Travel about 5miles out this road, Shilford is missable if you blink so try not to!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Greg

can give you and bike lift to start. Clydesdale Bank 6.30pm. Not done time trial before so don't know where start is but sure I can find a builders yard near a petrol station on the a736 nr uplawmoor. As i enter A736 from Caldwell Golf Club I presume I turn right and will find start. If not home for wine

Cheers

Charlie

Actually, if you are coming onto A736 from Caldwell Golf Club, that's past Uplawmoor (isn't it?) you should turn LEFT back towards Uplawmoor and Barrhead and pass below Uplawmoor. Did I say the Petrol station was on the right as you drive towards Irvine??? Its possible ( I am crap with left and right). I meant its on the LEFT as you drive towards Irvine. Either way SHILFORD is before Uplawmoor as you drive from Barrhead towards Irvine.

Gosh! Phew!

Actually, if you are coming onto A736 from Caldwell Golf Club, that's past Uplawmoor (isn't it?) you should turn LEFT back towards Uplawmoor and Barrhead and pass below Uplawmoor. Did I say the Petrol station was on the right as you drive towards Irvine??? Its possible ( I am crap with left and right). I meant its on the LEFT as you drive towards Irvine. Either way SHILFORD is before Uplawmoor as you drive from Barrhead towards Irvine.

Gosh! Phew!

Dear God. :lol:

Hi All,

Despite previous post I am not going to be able to get to Uplawmoor in time for a 7pm start.

Looks like a good turnout - although from the last few posts I'm wondering if there will be some Chung-like routes,, given that everyone actually finds the satrt :-o

Guest Jim Daly

Results:

1:02:18 Frank: pb!

1:04:33 Vicky: with wobbly steerer

1:06:34 Kenny: debut

1:08:38 Ian C: debut, on this version of course due to invention of the roundabout

1:11:40 Ian McG: debut

1:13:56 Greg: debut

1:15:43 Charlie: debut, with a broken pedal

1:12'ish Grant: debut, after claiming he was heading home

Mainly pb's on a sunny but breezy evening.

Jim