Annual Blackwood to Peebles and Back Ride - 100 miles

Dennis

A bit later than usual, and by popular demand, this year's run will be held on Sunday, 7th June. All are most welcome to come along for this run in fantastic Borders countryside.

Free entry. Oh ya dancer !

Start - Blackwood Hall 9.30am

To get there via M8 through Glasgow, switch to M73 then M74 till J8

Proceed 300 yards to Canderside Roundabout

Turn left on B7078 3.5 miles to Blackwood

Proceed past church and school on left to small crossroads at corner shop

Turn left - Blackwood Hall is 100 yards up on the right

[should take about 40 minutes from Johnstone to Blackwood on a Sunday morning]

The route will take in Biggar, Broughton, Stobo, Meldons, Eddleston, then Peebles and the Hub cafe at Glentress - where lunch will be served (at your own expense). Hello, beer !!

One of the main objectives of this run has been to keep the group together for the whole distance. It's an exercise in pacing, stamina and looking after each other, as well as enjoying the scenery, ra banter and meeting the objective!

As usual, Morag said she will be laying on (free) soup and cakes afterwards - not to be missed! :grin:

If you are interested in coming along, please post.

Looking forward to seeing you on the day.

Dennis

• Life Members

Hi Dennis,

Can I be the first to put my name down for this.

Not only is this a brilliant day out having done 2 years a go, and it will be great preparation for the Radar ride the week after.

I'm in!

P.S Dennis, when are you coming out with the Sunday bunch again?

Cheers

Chung

Great that you will be coming, Chung, and sorry if you can't make it, Simon. Good luck on the WHW, though; sounds great.

I'll be out on the club run on the tandem with Aileen on Sunday, so hope to see you there.

Dennis

• Life Members

Looking forward to see you and Aileen on the tandem again!

Any suggestion as to where we're heading on Sunday?

Hope the weather holds up for Sunday.

Wish I was out on me bike right now.

Cheers

Chung

Chung,

You may well have surpassed your navigation skills this time :roll:

The Radar Ride is 12th July with the ride Dennis is talking about taking place on 7th June.

I know you like shortcuts to get to the finish line a wee bit quicker but starting a full month ahead of everybody else is surely going to extreme's even for you ;-)

Colin Hello, beer !!

• Life Members

Nice one Colin,

Just as well you pointed it out to me, otherwise I'll be standing at the start line wondering where the heck is everyone. :oops::oops:

Have you got the camera charge up for tonight's event? ;-)

Cheers

Chung

Hi Dennis,

Donald and I will defo be coming along for this one. Not long til the Marmotte now, so I need all the miles I can get :shock: . You've been really good at ordering great weather for this over the past few years. Some more of the same again this time please 8-) .

Cheers,

Lesley

• Members

WANTED!!!

Are there any budding tandem pilots out there who fancy giving it ago on this run?

None of my current pilots are able to pilot me and I would really like to do this run. So if you would like to give it a go and/or have the transport to take me and the tandem to Blackwood then please let me know.

Thanks

Aileen

Thanks to Kenny C and Kevin for offering to help Aileen join us on this run.

So far, there are about 15 in the bunch, from the Joansin, Royal Albert and the Dunbar area. Come on, let's make it a round 20, or even 30. If the EK guys can do it, we can do it! 8-)

The 100 mile route has now been set in stone (with occasional bits of tarmac ;-) ) and has a new 12 mile start, otherwise it's the same as last year. Sections of the roads are twisty-turny, uppy-downy, with numerous long, flattish stretches, and the only big hill comes at the 84 mile stage. It's not a big hill, really. Not normally...

I was over much of the route today (by car :-( ) and the scenery is absolutely stunning at this time of year.

So, if you are fit and really want to ride 100 miles, in scenery that equals in places the likes of France and Switzerland, and in user-friendly conditions, this is for you. Oh ya dancer !

Hope you can come along. More details in the first post above.

Dennis

Take it you wont be riding Millport TT Kenny ?? suggest you let Ian L know on Tuesday night at Chocolate event as you are on the start sheet.

Aye, it had been my intention to do the TT and I had entered it not realising I had committed to the Peebles run.

I will say to Ian on Tuesday to let him know I wont make it.