Roll on Sunday 29th

simon simpson

• 2023 Subscriptions

Think you've just volunteered! Well, hallawrerr china!

Won't be out to play on Sunday. I'm in a huff after everyone complained about it being unflat last week. :roll:

(actually I'm planning to join Kenny and the young team on Saturday for the overseas duty. forecast for 7C, sunny spells, 9mph wind. Oh ya dancer ! )

cheers

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

I managed a wee run out yesterday too, Bishopton to Glengarnock and back via the track, and the headwinds/crosswinds were bad enough in the shelter of the cycle track, Dalry Moor must have been a hoot Oh ya dancer ! Unfortunately i'm not gonna get oot this weekend, having to work Sunday :angryfire

Ok a plan-

Clubrooms for

9 am or 9.15 departure?

Georgetown> bridge > bowling >cycle path to dumbarton, cycle route 7 to croftamie > Drymen cafe stop>

return by route seven or the Stockiemuir

option to include the hill behind Drymen between it and Gartmore if required

Who is up for it?

ss

I am up for it 915 would be better for me but can get to club rooms for 0900 and do not care which way we come back. I will put all my clocks forward prior to drinking the Rioja[/i]

return by route seven or the Stockiemuir

I will pick up the bunch at this side of the bridge. Im after a gentle run out after today's escapades! :smash

gentle run : stockiemiur? :-?:-?

I was planning the blouse option of coming back via the distillery/Stathblane after stuffing myself with carrot cake and a large cappuccino. :grin:

ok over the bridge up to hardgate Baljaffray, option of Kyber and Cuilt followed by Stockiemuir then cafe then run home on route 7 which has had some quality resurfacing done on it , bridge and home

Kenny 9.55 / 10 on bridge - just in case we reverse the route

Chris 8.15Baljafrray junction w Hardgate rd

We leave clubrooms approx 9.15- along the georgetown to the bridge

Good ride today...apologies if I miss anyone out

Chung, Frank, David, Martin Mc, Chris , Campbell and myself set off from the clubrooms at what was really just 8.15 in body clock terms.

The strangest thing happened along the Georgetown as we thought Lesley was ahead waiting for us having heard about the cafe stop. It looked like her .... the hair was like her's..... However, it was Claire who was out for a recovery ride following yesterday's escapade.....

over the bridge we picked up Kenny Christie and Mike and set off for Hardgate then the climb to Baljaffray. We had a near miss with an East Dunbartonshire Senior citizen at the wheel of his racing Astra (plain red - no metallic finish) Once on the Stockiemuir Mike, Campbell and Frank went for the hilly option, agreeing to meet us at the cafe, and they took in the Kyber and Cuilt Brae climbs. Atechnical with the chain and a "Who's got a chain tool?" moment sent Frank home early and cappucino-less

We sat in the sun @ Drymen had the opportunity to see the multiple carrot cake and bacon roll combos disappear before setting off into a wee breeze to Croftamie and cycle route 7 to Jamestown / Bonhill.

The road is nasty and busy from there for a bit even in these credit crunch times and we went for the cycle route to Old Kilpatrick where the one mishap of the day occurred when David decided to go mountain biking at the side of the path.

All on again and up the hill to the bridge. Kenny, Chris and myself headed up to Baljaffray again this time getting a good run at the hill without anyone turning across our paths. The bunch should be rolling in about now.

As can be the case we were a wee bit ragged at times..... blame who you will ......but we waited after every hill and got home together...

Distance about mid 50s? Climb 3500 ? (That's feet) with another 600 for Frank's bunch

So who is doing next week-

How about Largs via Brisbane Glen, quick cafe stop if requested, Fairlie moor as an ad on if required?

Same as today 15-16mph average.

• Life Members

Like Simon said, a good day out after missing out on the last 3 weeks...really needed that!

Sounds like a good one next Sunday, Simon. I'm in!

Cafe stop definite.....Failie Moor......well...at least there's the get out option of the Hailie B :-?

Hope you are O.K, Billy! At least that's a good enough reason to justified a new helmut ;-)

Cheers

Chung

Hi Guys,

Now if I'd known it was the cafe at Drymen you were going to I would have dropped in :lol: . I was out that way at lunch time today, but Donald wouldn't go low enough to drop me off and at 3000 feet and no parachute I had to stay on board and continue the journey to Loch Lomond, a quick circuit over the Cobbler :shock: and then on to Inverary.

Hope to be out on the road with you guys again soon. The Marmotte is getting very close and many miles need to be done between now and then :shock: .

Cheers,

Lesley