sunday sunny 60

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hopefully the good weather will hold out for the weekend and we can have a spin in the sun this Sunday. 8-)

Planning on a 60-ish miler, leaving from the club rooms at 9:30. This will allow anyone still looking for their race licence (me) to collect it from Ian Manson (see http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/php ... php?t=4167)

Don't know where we're going, but (unlike the Don Smith / Davie Raymond run) I promise to seek out and find some roads with tarmac on them this week. :grin:

Who knows, we might even have a cafe stop (but don't tell anyone). ;-)

Post if you're coming out to play.

cheers

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

I counted 5 punctures, 2 even before we left the clubrooms. :angryfire

Full report to follow, but if you want to know where you went, have a look at

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=5362

54 and bit of your finest miles. No rain, almost no pave, or coo-sh1t.

oh, 3061ft of climbing. :smash:smash But we did do 3149ft of descending. How clever is that? :grin:

The views of Arran from the top of the Dalry Moor road were worth it, no?

cheers

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Next time I will stay at home

Had my porridge and up for sunny 60. Puncture at clubhouse followed by further puncture 200 yards into ride. Forgot to check tyre after first puncture dipstick. Got spare tube from Billy but burst valve when removing pump. Hope Billy caught up with bunch and thanks for help. Phoned wife got spare wheel and set off 50mins later. Got lift to Garnock thought saw bunch so followed. Never saw them again. Ended up in Kilwinning Saltcoats then coast road to Largs. Had sandwich on my Jack Jones then headed up hill to Kilbirnie then home. At least it stayed dry

I have now learned that a sunny sunday means find a drag a pull and then when asked a question as what road do you want to go on, you just grunt and follllow Martin up another hill.

Great day

Question how did Frank get up that hill into Greenock so quickly :shock:

Apologies to all for pushing on but being Mothers' Day, I was under strict instructions from the boss not to be late! :angryfire

Tough day due to a combination of strong wind and Martin's route. Then again, I don't know who's the daftest - him for choosing it or the rest of us for following him! :shock:

Roll on next week.

Frank