Confined APR

Should we have a timekeeper for this event?

I think it might be an important incentive particularly for the group-1 riders. If you eventually get dropped and end up riding on your own it's easy to feel that you're no longer part of a race and that you might as well give up and go home - whereas if you know that you will get your name recorded with a time against it then at least there's some recognition that you took part and a reason for you to come back again - to get a better time/placing. I think this is why sportives are becoming such a big thing these days.

If people think it's worthwhile then I'll do it tomorrow night. (Timekeeper would also be starter, obviously.)

• Members

Cant manage tomorrow studying for an interview later in week.

In last couple of weeks events I have tried to introduce a group mentality

ie riding as a group , through and off. This has meant waiting at top of rises to regroup within reason . If all groups tried this in first 2 laps it would enhance the events letting riders get round in group at least till the last 3rd. of event.

Each week the guys who we have to wait on are improving dramatically , and the workrate is greatly improved .

Group 2 give it a try this week as this seems the group most likely to blow apart each week.