ARRAN WEEKEND IN OCTOBER.

Dougie Da Rosa

Could any interested parties post their interest for this years trip and any preffered accomodation and dates and we will maybe have a curry night out to finalise details.Has always been a great trip,all you need is a bike and a sense of humour,Martin is covering all costs this year he told us up at the Bealach!!! Hello, beer !!;-)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Up for the Arran trip and the curry. Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !! Bring it on

How about the 1st weekend in October for Arran. Not fussed about where we choose to stay, as long as Simon brings the entertainment. :rockband

Hotel was good - sauna and pool just the ticket after the bike, but the hostel was cheaper and the grub was better. Only 5 minutes to the boozer too. Just need to choose your dorm carefully... Ya-a-aawwnnn

How about a midweek date for a curry night in September?

As for covering all the costs, it might have been oxygen starvation, but I don't remember having the breath to say anything up the bealach :oops: Were you not too far away to hear anyway?

Count me in too. Martin already has me working on my seven week training plan :oops:

Would prefer the first weekend in October as the second weekend is the start of the school holidays.

Not fussed on accomodation but a lengthy discussion over a curry is certainly in order to discuss logistics

KennyS

• 2024 Subscriptions

Count me in too for both.

I'm happy whichever we go for. The Auchrannie however, is a bit more luxurious and we can drop our gear off before we ride around the island Oh ya dancer !

As for the food, nothing could really top Simon + Martin's extravaganza last year, but the Auchrannie does have a nice looking retaurant and a bar - no need to walk anywhere then! :grin::grin:

But then again, the thought of another 'Man in Black' :rockband session is tempting and it wouldn't be allowed in the Hotel :shock::shock:

But I'm in whatever you all decide (I shot a man in Reno...)

cheers

DG

I'm okay for Friday. Just been on the phone to NTL to cancel my contract and have also hid MrsS' mobile. Can now leave the house on Friday night without the fear of returning to bankruptcy :lol:

Can I just say to anybody who would like to go to Arran and feels a little bit shy or worried, that they should clear their diaries.

Last year's trip was one of the best weekends I've ever had socially or on the bike. A fantastic group of guys and some hard hills but the camaraderie was superb and the support for the slightly overweight, slow one in the group was fantastic

KennyS

Yep, I'm up for Arran enjoyed the Auchranny Hotel but it does not bother me where we stay as long as the patters good and it always is this lot :lol:

Count me in for the curry night and lets see some of the new guys from the Sunday bunch coming along for a good night out.

An don't be shy about coming along on the Arran weekend it's a guaranteed great weekend ;-)

• 2023 Subscriptions
Friday a wee bit too early for me too,sorry. When we talk about first weekend in October can I throw a spanner in the works and make it the one where September ends and October starts?,i.e. Saturday 30th and Sunday 1st?.

is that what you jaguar master technicians do then? I'd be worried if I were Davie Mck.

Choice of weekend a bit contentious. I've got clearance for the 6th and 7th, and it gives Darly an extra week to recover from his procedure :-? .

any other awkward sods?

Steve,please refrain from informing us of your long holiday in OZ as the vision of you loungin' about in your Speedo's is making me feel really unwell!!! :-? Your down for a defo for Arran anyway as your intellect raises our profile immensely on the island meaning we have someone to talk the proprieters out of getting us barred for good :roll: ,enjoy the rest of your hols. 8-)