Track league 31 January

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fun night. Full lights on, timing wires and scoreboard working with results...unheard of! As for the racing - usual story, first race didnt bother with the sprint too far back and too many bodies in the way. 2nd was a scratch, had a couple of attacks group thinned out and nicely placed just before the bell and then not sure what happened - i was accelerating into the sprint and someone swung up into me (im not sure what caused this, as it was to my side. Anyway i had momentum and my front wheel was in front so he bounced off and hit the deck. Couldnt avoid it didnt see it happen only felt the impact.  Ended up 2nd, but  i didnt really sprint. Should have won. Next was points, off the front in a 4, got 3rd in one sprint, i continued on then couple bridged we had about half a lap at one point and i was 2nd in next eventually caught then didnt do anything in the last sprint. And with double points in that it usually means all the effort early for nothing! Last was devil, same tactic ive been trying to do all winter could hold onto the bell but couldnt  kick again and contest the sprint ended up 2nd.

Cedric looking good in the As, a win in the devil and a 3rd place in the scratch.

As you said, it was definitely a good night on the track Yesterday! You were not far from taking the win on all your races, particularly on the scratch and the devil. You were unlucky during the scratch as the rider forgot to watch behind him before to go up... and then during the devil you got a good strategy for the podium but not the win! With what you proved yesterday, I am sure we could easily get a success on it by improving the strategy :)

It was for me a good night as well, as I finished it with a win on the devil. Compared to all the last devil I did, this one was full of doubt, I have not been far from being eliminated 4 times (One of the interests to have a small bike) and then when came the last sprint I managed it to surprise from behind to never see them again. In the Scratchs I finished twice third, and did twice the error to decide to lead the sprint which was strategically not the best move knowing the big gear I decided to take and the strong sprinters who were there. It was a good strategy for a podium but not for the win. The Points Race was a bit harder as I tried to finish alone but with 15 guys chasing on me it was clearly about to be aborted before the end.