Sunday 16th October : Kilwinning

• 2023 Subscriptions

If the weather is dry on Sunday how about heading to Dalgarven Mill for a coffee.

Clubrooms 9am

Track to Kilbirnie, Industrial Estate to cross A737 to MOD road. Auchenmead  farm and then head for Kilwinning. Options on return

Mixture of flat and rolling hills.Suitable for all.

Dave

• Life Members

That was a good ride this morning :-) Big bunch, lots of mechanical (well, mostly it was Alan's GMA73 :-)) a new cafe/museum for me .........

Thanks for the wheels today boys & girls, caught up with a few old faces & met some new ones ......... well done to Beth for digging in & got back to base in the end.

Thanks to David for posting the route, excellent choice!

I heard Alan had a snapped chain on the way home, hope all is well & you got back ok! I didn't see any chain tool or "quick links" etc in your tool bottle ........ could be a long walk home? :-)

A bit wet & filthy by the time I got home, but bagged 100km despite the sh"ty weather towards the end, pretty chuffed.

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good turnout for the 30 milers today, 14 in total and well done to the first time Sunday bunch riders and returners. The Dalgarven Mill is very cycle friendly and did well to cope with the influx of bodies at that early time. Offered to fill water bottles and and gave a free entrance to the museum. Got a soaking on the way home but still a good day out.

I can confirm that Alan Mac broke his chain at Morrisons and phoned his bike recovery vehicle (wife) to come and collect him.

Thanks to everyone.

Run Captain

Dave