Techy question

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

For those who use swift or bkool etc with a turbo trainer can I ask a question. The answer is probably very obvious but there is no such thing as a stupid question. Unless I ask it of course !!

If I am using my iPad to display power etc via Bluetooth, am I able to download routes, say like Alpe d'huez or DA, to view my progress on screen. Or do I need to have a live connection to Internet. Reason for asking is my garage is out of range of my wireless. Plan B is to use my phone as a tether for my iPad.

Thanks in advance

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

A powerline range extender might do the trick - basically you plug it into a power socket then run a cable to your wifi router then you put a receiver into a socket near where you want a wifi signal. It uses the electrical wires to send the data (so you will need to be one same electrical circuit). I have a BT branded one which cost about £30 and i dont notice any speed difference when connected to that compared to connected to the normal wifi.

A powerline range extender might do the trick - basically you plug it into a power socket then run a cable to your wifi router then you put a receiver into a socket near where you want a wifi signal. It uses the electrical wires to send the data (so you will need to be one same electrical circuit). I have a BT branded one which cost about £30 and i dont notice any speed difference when connected to that compared to connected to the normal wifi.

^^^^ This

I have these around the house. Great invention

Maplin do a full range of them. Dead easy to set up as well

• 2023 Subscriptions

I solved this last year by moving the turbo to a spare bedroom, it avoids having to go out in the cold and wet to get to the turbo but I'm told that it can be heard throughout the house when the turbo is going full blast!

It also means the kids that have left home are less likely to come back!

Paul as Jan says you get a thingy which plugs into the plug socket in the wall to extend your wireless range it connects via an Ethernet cable to your laptop. You don't download courses to swift although this would b a great development there are three courses which alternate watopia Richmond and London. A downloadable app I the I pad or I phone alliows you to view upcoming group rides and races just real eased for I pad