Girona Trip

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just to mention that Darryl and I are booked up for a 5 day stint in Girona from Thus 2nd March to Monday 6th March. We have not arranged accommodation yet in case anyone else is interested.

Details are ;

Ryanair flight at 2pm Thursday depart Prestwick

Depart Girona 6pm Monday

Flight cost including the £17 each way for bikes is £90.

3 full days cycling Fri, Sat, Sun and a 3-4 hour finisher on Monday morning! :oops:

Teaming up with a group from Lanark Multisport (whom I understand are a mixed group in terms of fitness) and in conjunction with Steven Macgregor in Girona.

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Great idea guys!

A wee tip dont pay for your Bikes untill you are asked to do so .

I was over in september with donald scally and we never paid for our bikes on the way back - 17 bucks saved.

Myself Blackest boab and possibly Barry Mcgurk are heading over on the School holiday period in February for 4 days riding.

Same idea as Paul's.

anybody up for that give us a shout.

Stevie B.

Well,myself,Jane and Rhona are going riding too in March,without our bikes but with our snowboards!!.Off to St.Anton,Austria for a week in chase of some fresh powder snow,so anybody that would like to give it a try,I can even give you some boarding tuition,give me a shout and we can have a ball!!(a snow-ball)!!!!!!! 8-)

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Myself and Barry McGurk are in Girona and have completed our 1st training run yesterday.(Blackbob is due tonight :shock: )

This camp is the ultimate!!!

Some of the roads that steven takes you are of top quality.

If you want steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep climbs you got it or just steady miles no bother.

Yesterday it was a mountain goat run - have to say no matter how strong you are sometimes you just cant hang on to a wheel when it gets to 12+%!!!

Believe that´s the weight difference :oops:

in the red zone without even trying :-(

Training miles here is superb - the hotel we are in is only 5minutes walk from the main town and food at restraunts is pretty good value for money.

Only problem is most restraunts are open from2030 - typical spannish.

However there are plenty og near by super markets that are open till 2130.

Today we are heading towards the coast of costa brava which is only 25 miles down the road and then follow the coast right up not far from the french border.

Darryl and Paul when you guys do 5 days of this im sure you will be in good form for the racing season!! :grin:

Cheers the noooo

Stevie B.

hi Dave,

Just back from a massive run.

i nearly bonked and just had to pull out all the stops to hang in.

I had the full flu epic for 7 days then it was followed by a kidney infection.

Not told many people about this , just got to get over it and get on.

Kidney infection i had was severe!!! You being in the medical trade you will know all about this no doubt.

You will know when you get this as i was rushed by an ambulance to the RAH for treatment!!!

The Dr gave me the clear to go to Girona but in the back of your mind you kind of think they are not in the same wave length when it comes to training for 5 hours!!

Was advised to drink as much as possible which i have been doing.

Today the route was down to Tossa de marr , Amazing place but again today was another epic for the climbers.

i have lost so much strength and power its hard to believe but this is what an illnes can do to you i think.only way to get back is to get stuck in the hard end.

Some points in these runs i was at deaths door but you know it will bring you back in a few weeks.

got a mega doin in the climbs - these gradients are not that bad i remember climbing these roads similar in italy in 53 x 18 just powering up.

Not this time :oops: 39x27 all the way - laughing group gears 8-)

we did roughly 5 hours and just over 1000 meters climbing.

Total distance 80 miles.

This place is superb for the bike , if you get the chance come over and see it for yourself.

dont think i will be going as long over the next few days , im more interested in staying alive and keeping my health in good shape without it doin harm to when it counts - When you have a number on your BACK!!!!

Cheers,

Stevie B.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Stevie

What kind of gears would you recommend? - I was planning to take a 39-25 smallest.

By the way, me and Darryl went round the 3 lochs with the Anniesland today in the most shi*****te weather imaginable. Heavy, freezing rain, it was a survival job at the end. Can't complain too much though, the weekend weather so far this year has been excellent.

Enjoy it

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions
Doc :grin: Ive done quite well till now - there has been nae booz!!!

stevie B.

Nae booz? Now you've got me really worried - suggest you return home immediately for a full medical ;-)

he's got you worried? I'm going to italy for a week with the man. :-?

Stevie - get back on the bevvies immediately, or I'm no playin'

:smash

Paul,

Thats us completed the 5 days.

My advice to you would be to make sure to have warm clothing with you for 0930 departures with steven.

It can be quite cold that time in the morning but when the sun comes out it will gradualy rise to about 16-18 degrees.

I had a short sleeve top on with a long sleeve top plus a gillet with over shoes gloves and bib tights.

Point is when you climb in that heat you have to decent in mostly parts of cold shade!!!!

I have heard that Stuart will be taking you guys out so should be plenty of miles for you.

We did in total this week.

Friday 4 hours 1000 meters climbing

Saturday 4.5 hours 1200 meters climbing

Sunday 5.5 hours 1000 meters climbing

Monday 5.5 hours 1000 meters climbing

Tuesday 2 hours.

restraunts are quite cheap in the "old Town" of Girona.

4 course meal will set you back 20 - 25 Euro.

we opted to buy food from the local supermarket for breakfast and recovery meals after runs.

Hope this will help you guys when it counts.

Cheers,

Stevie B.