Club Run to Troon 22 March

Paul C

Not allowed to upload gpx file for some reason.

So full route will be:

Bowfield, Lugton Stewarton Kilmaurs Crosshouse Gatehead Dundonald Troon.

Return via Long Drive (Irvine) A736 (briefly) Kilwinning  Cycle route 7, through MOD Gateside, up the hill, down Bowfield.

65miles Club to Club.

• Life Members

Hello All,

Bit of a mix bag today in terms of the weather, the sun was out but the wind was not very kind :-(

A bunch of 11 left the clubroom this morning with Alan Fox, Boyd, David & Carol, Graham, John S, Paul (route master), Martin, Renny, Ross & myself on route to sunny Troon via Kilmuirs etc. Picked up Campbell on the way to Bowfield where upon Martin was struck down by the evil puncture :-(

Wheel sorted and off we went again with Boyd, Graham, Carol & David opting for an alternative route & departed to do their own thing just before Stewarton, leaving the remaining 8 heading to our original destination!

We arrived in Troon's Blueberry Cafe fairly early, just as well as there stop serving bacon rolls after 11.30am .......... phew ........ near catastrophe :-)

Fuelled & eager to get back in time to get on with the rest of the day, we made good progress with welcome assistance from the partial tail wind enroute home!

I even manage to get back to Mearns just in time to catch the bunch doing their second lap of the Fenwick first race, spotted a Wheeler in the peloton which I think was Greg? He was so comfortable sitting in, even managed a wee wave to me :-) Sorry I could not stay for the 2nd race where I knew there would be a few more Wheelers in the Bunch, hope you guys had a good one!

Anyway, good run today with plenty of wheels to follow, cheers chaps!

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Chung

P.S Sorry Paul for jumping in to write this ride report :-) Thanks for planning the route!