17/01 Saturday Track League Races

Emma MacLaren

I hope they do more of these as that's my Wedensday nights taken up doing Applied Sports Psycology course for the next 12 weeks, all I need is somebody to coach. Mind you I might understand messers Gumley and Gunsons post now

• 2023 Subscriptions

Some fast racing today - 30 lap scratch to start things off, pace was hard from the start and didnt ease much, was a bit too far back when the sprint started. Next was a devil, i found myself near the back early on but didnt panic as there was still someone behind however he had already been eliminated , d'oh! Last was a 60 lap points, went for the 2nd sprint...or maybe it was the first its a bit of a blur i got a 2nd. There was a breakaway - which i couldnt contribute too - after that we got about half a lap - by the next sprint it was breaking down and i got a 3rd or 4th then it eased off for about a lap and we were caught. I knew the easing off would mean we would be caught but my legs were cooked, i could hold on when the speed went up but just didnt have another sprint left so all that hard work for nothing.

Paul was mad enough to do the endurance racing and the sprint events, i had a relatively easy afternoon in comparision!