Club Hill Climb Champs

man5e

Per the confined calendar the hill climb is planned for Saturday 1st October.

This is also the date of the club trip to Arran.

This conflict was discussed at the committee meeting last week and a decision made to re-schedule the Hill climb event.

Suggested dates were Sat 24 Sept and Sat 8 Oct.

Could Campbell and Dave McKellar (Race secretaries) liaise and post the revised hill climb date.

Thanks

• 2024 Subscriptions

Given that the JWCC 25 TT is on Sunday 25th Sept. and that there will be plenty of club members around that weekend for this event - either riding or marshalling - it seems to me the the 24th for the Hill Climb should be ok.

Pete would be able to ride and hopefully others will still have some "summer form" for the event. It is also still early enough before the hill walking season starts:grin:

I agree that pushing the event too far into Autumn might deter riders as well.

cheers

Darryl

I must hand the date picking over to Dave Mckeller on this one as Sep weekend I will be away with family. 7th, 8th, 9th Oct climbing and next two weekends October school week and I will be away, so much for forward planning, as the original date was published in January this year.

• 2 weeks later...

DAVE

MY OPINION ON DATE IS THAT IT STAYS ON THE SATURDAY 1ST OCT OR WE GO FOR WED 28TH AND HAVE A 6.00PM START. ALSO WE WANT NAMES UPFRONT SO I CAN PREPARE START SHEET AND WE DON'T WASTE TIME AS SUN SET WILL BE ABOUT 6.45PM .

THE SATURDAY BEFORE IS THE 25TT IS NOT A GOOD OPTION AS HOLIDAY WEEKEND AND PEOPLE IN THE CLUB DOING 25TT WILL NOT DO HILL CLIMB THE DAY BEFORE IN MY OPINION.

THE WEEKEND AFTER GEO AND I CANT MAKE IT, I GOT OUR CLIMBING WEEKEND CHANGED TO THE 7TH 8TH 9TH OCT SO WE COULD ATTEND HILL CLIMB ON THE 1ST.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK DAVE?

CAMPBELL

I could be on the wrong track here but assuming the Hill Climb is on lYle Hill or somewhere not too far from Ardrossan....

why not keep the club hill climb champs on the Arran weekend but make it early and people who want to do it can ride there / cadge a lift and go on down to Arran....

If the hill climb goes off at 9.30 am and is over by 11 you could easily get a ferry at one and be in Lochranza by 3.

Maybe possible then and Maybe not

ss

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Simon

I think this is a good suggestion except that the club hill climb is in Howood, not Gourock :lol:

Seriously though, had I realised that my original request to the committee would have caused such a fuss, i wouldn't have bothered. So, despite the fact that the committee did vote on the matter and did agree to change the date of the hill climb, I wish to state that I will not object if it is run on the 1st Oct after all. As you say Simon, of those 11 going to Arran, some may wish to ride the hill climb and then ride down to the ferry.

cheers

ttfn

Darryl

New Date - Hill Climb Championship Sat. 24th September

Location - Howwood Hill

At - 10.00am

Two time keepers required.

I only have one watch and will pass on after 2up championships plus start sheets.

Campbell