Strathclyde cross 12/10/14

Alan McLean

''Twas fun as always, tried a more a measured effort rather than killing myself. Unfortunately far too measured to get anywhere near the front, and this is forgetting the first twenty or so who are in a different league. Something approaching 140 riders in the v40 race which rendered the first lap a write off as you hear the gun going but have too wait for about 30 seconds to start pedalling, followed by carnage 300 metres up the track.

My bike remains the star in our partnership.

Looking forward too next week, hopefully your wounds will have healed by then.

BTW Have you seen yon YouTube video called "The Ridge"? 😛Don't be getting any ideas now?

Crikey, some selection of smileys to choose from.

On Sunday I shall be mainly riding in the V50's sucking up slurry from the back wheels of the juniors and women, at least for one lap, until they have all passed me and I can have a nice sit down with a cup of tea, a biscuit and a bulb catalogue.

Aye right......

...........apart from the tea, biscuit and bulb catalogue.

Alan,

Your bike appraisal skills are up to scratch but you need to learn how to count.

A top 20 showing for your good self is very good going.

That red blaze hill is truly horrible and my lap times fell off a cliff at the end, but still fun.

Hopefully some more wheelers out at Irvine.

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cheers Andy - if the knee has healed it would be good to see you at Irvine....

Think my CX season is over before it started. Physio assessment on Thursday. I'm hoping for Renfra bunch 25th October. May come down to irvine if you need a pit stop. You want a spare bike?