Sunday 12 Main Bunch

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

Mid October, about 20 JWCC riding over the Loch Thom, happy days indeed, great to see so many out.

Just for general info, the Saturday morning Renfrew bunch starts 25th Oct. Whilst not to detract from the main bunch rides, this is very useful for those who might want to race. The only difference in comparison to the main bunch is that the average speed is higher, however the actual riding speed is not much different. How can that be, well there are much fewer slack moments and waiting moments which kind of makes sense when it is cold and wet. Anyway up to Christmas the route is coast to W Kilbride, steady pace maybe about 20 average with a 10 min stop at Largs toilet for coke and munchies from the shop. Some people like to have a wee gallop into Largs for the 30 sign. There is a regroup after W Kilbride hill. Sometimes a bit of a wind up from Dalry to Beith.

It changes after Christmas with the route extended to Kilwinning then up the Barrhead road. It is more full gas with no waits but still the 10 min stop at Largs. After Kilwinning it is each man for himself up the Barrhead road with either a gradual wind up or a free for all attacking bunch.

I would strongly recommend any new person wanting to do this to start as soon as possible when the pace is slower and the atmosphere more convivial. The atmosphere is still grand after Christmas but might not seem so for a first timer as there is no waiting and attacking in the last 15 miles.

If anyone is wondering what the score is with this bunch please give me a shout as I have been doing it longer than Peter Pan !

• Members

Great run today and well done to the new lads for hanging in. If it is any consolation, that was me at the start of the year and rest assured it does get better. Great to see so many out today on what was a perfect day for cycling. Love those cold crisp mornings and certainly washes away the red wine head from Saturday evenings!

Paul my be interested in Sat run if not too fast as need the training and miles for Belgium next year

Billy, see you Tuesday

• 2023 Subscriptions

Paul

Due to working shifts sometimes i can't make the Main Bunch on a Sunday so the Renfrew Winter Bunch sounds perfect...if i can handle the pace! 

Cheers for bringing this to our attention and i will be in touch if making it along.

Robbie