Main Bunch Rides

Guest EPCC

Guest EPCC

So let's take some turns posting routes starting from 15th June

Rules must be 60 plus miles can have cafe stop and on roads

The run must be posted on the Monday before the Sunday or earlier so here goes mine for the 15 June

0800 early start for ride to the 0930 ferry at Gourock C11 and additional lumps about 80 miles all in

22 June Millport so let's look at 29 onwards

I totally agree with Billy on this one, as main bunch rides usually fall to Billy to post up with me sticking in my tuppence worth when Billy is working/coaching.

While it is appreciated not everyone may feel confident or familiar enough with either the routes or the overall character of routes which will generally meet the need of main bunchers, everyone should be able to come up with at least one route. If we have enough input from you guys it is not beyond us to bring these together to construct a rough database of routes which can be referred to by name, eg Full Coast, Transmitter Hill, Lumpy Largs, Troon etc. There' s 4 off the top of my head.

There is at least a core dozen of us week in week out, so one route from each of these guys would mean possibly 3 months or more worth of routes without duplication. Bear in mind we tend to stick to the coast during the winter and have 4 week's of reliability rides + the Don Smith in the early spring. If you have a new route in mind or a burning desire to ride a stretch of road or bored of the same old bits of road then have a think about it, plot it out and then post it up or pm me if you are uncertain if the route you are suggesting fits the bill - no wrong answers on this one. I'm happy to collate these initially.

M

Guest George

I like the ride up to and around Loch Katrine-over the dukes, etc.

Also the ride over the khyber to the tak-me-doon then back over the crow.