Main Bunch June 1

Guest EPCC

• Life Members

I'll get you guys at the end of Georgetown Road or Bridge, but I'm push for time as i need to be back for 3pm, so I'll bail either at Glen Fruinn or before.

Hope the good weather continuous for tomorrow!

See you's all tomorrow then.

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Met the bunch at the bridge with new recruit Alex joining us for the day. I counted 9 - Tom, Alex, Billy, Mark, Paul C, Iain JanUllrich, Alan T, Ritchie & myself set off towards Helensburgh. Where upon Paul & me bailed out after Glen Fruinn leaving the remaining 7 to continue on their journey to Dunoon. The rain as promised made its predicted appearance, but only slight drizzle though. I hope you guys got better weather than us!

A quick descend into Balloch for a cafe stop at the Corries where we bumped into the Paisley Velo Bunch, me & Paul was out numbered to their bunch of 5. We stuffed our faces and off we went again and a friendly toll from them back to the bridge, don't worry we did our turns on the front :-)

I left Paul to fend for him self after I bid farewell to them before at the bridge as I opted to stay on the North side of the river to head home via the leafy Westend. A slight head wind with constant drizzle meant a rather unpleasant ride back which also meant I'm totally soaked through, ah don't you just love Scottish summer? A tad over 120 km, I'm sure you guys will have a lot more by the time you've gone all the way round. Just hope you got better weather than me.

Again thanks for the wheel chaps (Joansins & Velos) and I'm off to Edinburgh now for some French nosh. Billy, I hope you're wrong about the restaurant, otherwise I won't be back till midnight ;-)

Cheers

Chung

Good day today. As described by Chung then the rest of us made our way to Strachur for lunch via The Rest.

Weather wasn't too bad really. No mechanicals of any sort.

Nice lunch apart from the fact it took an hour with service being a bit slow.

Only myself and Al along the Georgetown with the breeze in our face. :(

125 on the clock with a 17.8 ave. I stopped my Garmin on 122 miles to preserve my 18+ ave but it was clever enough to

keep going!! I'll have to remember to reset it next time!

Cheers for the wheels. See you soon.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Clocked up 111 miles at a 17.3 average and just short of 4000 ft. of climbing. Weather was ok at times and distinctly moist at others. Not overly impressed with the service at the stop in Strachur, even if the food was good. Great to meet up with the intermediates and Jann and Jane at the cafe stop. A pretty good day out all round.

Fine day for the first 125 out of my 128 miles. Wiped out doing a right hander on a roundabout at ibrox in superb giroesque style...well ic the pros can do it. Hit some oil or grease on wet roads and the back wheel was away. Classy slide for about 4 metres across the road. Luckily no cars behind me. New kit held up well hardly a mark on it. Got off lightly with some road rash. Bike ok too. Apart from that a good day in the saddle.

Arran challange next week.

Guest EPCC

110.5 miles at 17.8 would have been higher but I was bust half way along the westferry limped home with Henrietta nipping away

Think the hill walk yesterday with the dog was not such a good idea

Not out next week somebody want to post