Track 19th march

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tough debut in the Bs

First up was a points race, first half of the race wasnt too bad closed down a breakaway then came to the front and stayed there a too long hoping that i might hold on for some points. Wasnt to be, after that the pace picked up and i was just hanging on. Next a 40 lap scratch, fast from the gun and stayed fast most of the race. Was near the back for virtually all of it. Great win for Danny here, ride of the night. Last was a 30 lap scratch and felt ok, poorly positioned though so couldnt contest the sprint. I doubt i'd have done anything in any case but at least i felt like i had something left by the end unlike the previous race where i was having to go in the red repeatedly just to hold wheels and ended up totally spent and just rolling round the final lap in last place.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done to Danny, what a ride and what a sprint. Iain, you were not last in the scratch race as a fair number of people (ahem) had been lapped, well done on first time in b's.

Al, I have your towel, I am making a habit of collecting sweaty things after taking Iain's helmet home the other night.

:)

Thanks Paul, it wasn't really sweaty anyway!

Not a huge bunch in the A's tonight, think there were 9 in the first 40 lap Scratch, finished fourth as four of us managed to lap everyone else, not much of a sprint left and some burning lungs after that effort!

Reasonable effort in the 60 lap points, penultimate sprint was just piped by Davy Lines (should have stood up for the sprint!) then kept rolling at speed with 10 to go after it and found myself approaching half a lap up. Pulled up the track as the first chase group approached, they caught me, I tagged on and then they gave up. I continued my breakaway for another 5 laps with a couple of chasers eventually catching again, got swallowed by the bunch on the last lap, all good fun!

Wasn't feeling very motivated for the last 30 lap scratch, but our bunch of 7 stayed together till the last straight despite a couple of big digs by Andrew Whitehall, rolled over in 7th.

• 2023 Subscriptions

When I bought that pair of wheels from Jim Brogan last month I never realised what good tubs they were shod with. Just found out how much a replacement Continental Sonderklasse would cost icon_bawling

Danny's got trashed on the formation lap for the first race which meant he had to sit it out. The night did get better though - he's still beaming about bagging his first win in the B's.

Think he'll be riding cheaper tubs from now on though...