CANT SLEEP

iain couttie

• 2023 Subscriptions

i was lying in bed thinking that i am going to miss Billys turbo session tonight.I then got to thinking, why dont we do our own training dvd.Most of my get rich ideas dont work because someone brighter has worked out why it wont work,however because i wont get rich my self, it will work!

Most of the dvd,s out there are relativley boring to do, the sufferfest series is ok in some respects.The main problem is that all efforts are perceived, I understand why, however when you are learning you have no idea what heart rate wats ect that anyone else does.

My first thought was to have some club members doing a session that billy had devised and having a wide variety of rider fitness to discuss there cadence heart rate ect.

This soon developed into a cross between a regular session and sufferfest video.We should do a mock up of our reliabilaty rides.Billy could devise a session around the rout of each one.Again each rider could reveal there speed power heart rate ect. We could even have rider s paired to do two up sessions down the georgetown, front rider 1 min on more resistance then swap second rider on more resistance.We could have head wind tail wind, even rain! but i recon thats going to far.

Now the club has a bit of cash flow, this might be a way of making it work better long term.

The expansion of this concept is to have other clubs do the same with there reliability rides,we franchise/take a cut of there video and it expands out from there.We should manage to get a tenner a video and once its made it just sells,we have all the expertese that we need to get this of the ground within the club members.We would be able to supply LBS,evans and chain reaction type shops.They would be persuaded to sell by the fact they are supporting local bike clubs to make money for there coffers.

In five years we might be the only club with its own veladrome.

I have to admit it sounded better in my head than on paper.

good night

iain

• Life Members

Iain,

I like your "blue sky" thinking or is it "dark sky".........…

The first thing we need to sort out is a new Jersey to be showcase in this DVD collection. Wouldn't look right without one I think, it would also look better when you pitch it on "Dragons Den" :-)

Power point slide show expected in the next committee meeting please!

Cheers

Iain, don't be dissuaded from your creative thinking by the Duncan's.

I think your DVD idea would fit well inside a cycle training App for smartphones, tablets etc where there scope for interaction (imagine Billy shouting at you on your PC), measurement of cadence etc over our favourite courses.

I believe the latest Trax turbo products use Google Earth to allow you to ride customised courses....like our reliability rides, TT courses and virtual racing. With Billy's training guidance and Strava type challenges overlaid on top of the video content our turbo sessions would be a lot more interesting. We could even have a virtual Bagel Basket.

It might be so good we never actually go out cycling again.

• Members

When the roads dry up a bit i can stick my gopro on the bike and get some footage of a club run / summer evening chaingang.

You should post that up the night before the first chaingang. Passers-by will be wondering why there are 40 guys in brand-new kit trying to fit into the Crosslee bus shelter.

• 2023 Subscriptions

We now just need a suitable team car, In suitable jwcc colours, to drive ahead, leading the bunch, that will really give the video, and riders a pro feel! My 14 year old purple volvo, sounds like *great start

*interchangable with horrendous

Greg