Track 12th February

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable night - Only missed a week of racing/training but the previous couple before that i felt off the pace so wasnt sure how i'd get on.

First up was a scratch, there was a crash with about 2 laps to go and there was a bit of a pause with most thinking the race was going to be neutralised. However there were a couple of riders who continued to race and got a gap and as there were no flags being waved i tried and catch them. Didnt manage this got a 3rd which was then upgraded to a 2nd after a relegation. Next up was points, think i got a 2nd and a 3rd, then just hung on for the rest, once again not good enough! Last race of the night was another scratch - an early attack had someone dangling off the front for a few laps that eventually got closed down then there was another attack and someone else getting quite a big gap with maybe about 7 or 8 to go, this was getting pulled in gradually then with about 4 to i tried bridge which i managed - had about 1 second of recovery on his wheel before i attacked and managed to make it stick. I was sure i could hear someone on my wheel during all of this so was pleasantly surprised when i realised i had a gap.

• 2023 Subscriptions

B's was rather taxing last night. Kayleigh returned with a vengeance. 2 very sore scratch races, one average over 30mph, and one even sorer points race where I and quite a few others got lapped. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - for things like Arran :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was waiting on the reports before I went to bed very disappointing that's there are none

Was a good night

My first scratch got neutralised then cancelled due to a bad crash. Looked a sore one as the rider was down a fair amount of time and an ambulance had to be called :( Second scratch was in a breakaway of 4 which got pulled back then the sprint opened up early with a couple riders getting a decent gap - i just sat in someones wheel until he closed the gap a bit then managed to come round him and another and get a 2nd. Then it was the points. Not quite sure where i finished in this i got a 1st and 2 3rds so hoping that was enough for a top 3.

Alan and Danny were the riders of the night. Danny in the Bs and managing to get a 2nd (i think) in the points race and Alan getting his first victory in the final scratch race of the night. Special mention to Emma as well, her debut at the track league and looked comfortable despite having done the 2 hour uni track session beforehand.

I think the only bunch that was crash free tonight was the D's!

Hope the Jet that went down in the Youths is ok!

A's had a 40 lap scratch to start, had to do a massive chase back on halfway through and made it back on, finished with the bunch

Reduced 60 lap points race due to waiting time for an ambulance before the start, couple of big chases back on in the first 30 laps, one point in the second or third sprint, was about shot but got a rest when we slowed down for our own pile-up, did a 2-up with Jason Barnes for about 10 laps to regain the bunch with 10 to go, finished in the final bunch of 10

• 2023 Subscriptions

Splendid efforts all round from JWCC contingent - and well done to first timer Emma who certainly held her own. I have established an important place in the B group - at the back of the lead bunch. Judging by the pain-ometer reading it must be doing some good. Those Arran roads will be trembling in their foundations.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Despite sore legs from Sunday's Giro D'italia sufferfest sesh, I was dead pleased to take my first ever win in the 20 lap scratch. Managed to pick up a point in the points race too. Well done to Emma for taking part and not looking out of place after a 2 hour session, holding me off for fifth in the first race. Or was it 4th? Good night all round in the D's anyway. Some horrible crashes on the night, some wrecked looking bikes and various oozing body parts made it a gory night elsewhere.

I did see the guy who had the big crash in Ian's race up and walking about, so looks like no lasting damage, thankfully.