Sunday 10

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

Quite a brisk start saw me blowing before Lochwinnoch, but got it together again by Kilbirnie. Brisbane glen was always dubious, but the run round the coast was fine. Good day out and 72 miles clocked.

• Life Members

In Billy's defense, it was a decision made by most of us (not just Billy's) to go up the Brisbane Glen since all the roads we rode on prior (apart from the cycle track) to that was absolutely fine. Hence the choice, but as soon as we realised it was a bit iffy we headed straight back down to go on the coast road.

Its obviously not good to see your fellow cyclist go down but I think yesterday was just a bit of misfortune.

As for me, it was p**h as I totally died after Langbank, couldn't turn the pedal at all. I had no choice but to drop right back & crawled my own way back to the Southside ......... longest 20 miles in a while! Should have stayed in bed this morning .............. well, not really. Got home with 83 miles on me Garmin ....... feels like 200 :-?

I enjoyed it while it lasted up to that point, but thanks to Iain Mcginty & Hugh for waiting & attempting to nurse me back .... fruitless task indeed! Cheers none the less!

Thanks for the company & the wheels to follow!

SInclair Street next Sunday? (Do I hear some booing at the back.)

Cheers

Chung

Chung dnt beat ursel up mem sun morn 0 deg it warmed up to 7 deg, we had cafe stop, were on heavier bikes,av blew up three rides out of four Since the winter started,some people are good at hiding the fact there gubbed,it wasnt exactly flat to start with either,am no gettin out through wk and havnt a turbo so want to try and warm the legs up b4 sund,90mls even racing fit which im not is good goin !

John, start a new thread for Sunday's run. Full coast might be a bit long for November time given the steady pace of runs. Sorry to bump your post but W kilbride, Dalry and then picking up the Barrmill circuit before returning to Miller Street might be more like it. I'll be out and will go with the flow.

M

• Committee

I'm just amazed that its November 11th & Mr McLean hasn't launched his annual ice tyres thread yet

I'm away to check that on the General section.... :)

No problem, annual review of ice tyres to follow although I am really waiting for some wintery photos of Haakapellita's in action.

I thought you were all mad going out in that ice but well done for getting a ride in. I was in toasty velodrome Ohyadancer!