track 6

Alan McLean

• 2023 Subscriptions

Races a little bit longer tonight and some big names in the As (and Bs too) so those races in particular looked very fast.

The Cs started off with a 15 lap scratch and it was pretty shambolic at times - most riders are alright but there were 2 or 3 who you didnt want to be around. First time ive been in a race where a rider got an official warning for doing something daft. Was a bit far back when the sprint started so felt a bit like the race passed me by. 2nd scratch was 20 laps, didnt do any work - there were a couple of breakaway attempts and others chased them down, made a move with about 3 to go and found myself just behind the front but also high on the banking. Pretty much the ideal place so managed to go and then get a bit of a gap and the win. First one ive had in months! Last was 25 lap points, the aim was to go for the 2nd sprint and then go on from there but didnt have any speed left so ended up just trying to hang onto the group.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great win by Iain in the C scratch. Over in the B's things got whole lot harder with Richard, Lewis and the ladies Commonwealth squad in the ranks. And it was very sore, probably the hardest night I've had on the track. Grand fun though. Splendid ride by many of the jets.

Ohyadancer!