Penultimate rankings for WoSCA RR Series

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

This was posted earlier. Final race tomorrow with 5 brutal ascents of the Shilford Climb. Race starts at 10am from Peesweep, descends along golf course onto Lochlibo road, Shilford, Fereneze Road

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/scotland/article/20130913-scottish-cycling-news-WoSCA-RR-Series-Preview-0

Not sure how the points are allocated for the series seems a far cry from the system posted by Kenny s at the beginning Have to say feel a bit for riders moved up to cat 2 who could only ride on 5 oh well last hurrah tomorrow

It's not ideal, Colin. But we always knew that riders who moved up to 2nd cat would be out. If anything the biggest problem with the series is that there is an overall winner. If it was only a series of races where riders had maximum opportunity to pick up points and progress then it would probably have been fine. This aside the series has been a big success and there's talks on Thursday for next year already

• 2023 Subscriptions

It's not ideal, Colin. But we always knew that riders who moved up to 2nd cat would be out. If anything the biggest problem with the series is that there is an overall winner. If it was only a series of races where riders had maximum opportunity to pick up points and progress then it would probably have been fine. This aside the series has been a big success and there's talks on Thursday for next year already

Kenny

Good news about next year. The series has been brilliant. Let me know if you need any help planning next year.

Andy

Starting to feel the racing creeping into my legs now for this season. With a few twists and turns before lochilbo road Andy had the right idea to stay close to the front while I hung about half way back with my head up my .... . Some bad riding by a guy who was pushing to get in front and think he either chucked it at the end of the first lap or the commissaries pulled him up I suspect it was

the latter . Anyway has to work my socks off as the pace ramped up to about 30 mph on lochilbo road with everyone vying for position into the first climb of shilford road was way into the red and knew there was no way to stay with the bunch - too narrow and too fast so got together with a few other guys and worked our way around the remaining laps at a reasonable pace.